• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

16 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

I mean Dabos refusal to utilize the portal is the their biggest problem.

College football is broken though.  Dabo was right about most of all that in reality.  It needs to be fixed IMO….not so much Dabo join the problem. 

the fix is probably in the middle but I don’t care if Dabo does his thing.  Frankly there should be a place for that model in college football.   Folks acting like Dabo/Clemson are the modern day Temple Owls or some poo lol.  They ain’t present day UGA.   That’s a long list of basically every power 5 school.  And a week 1 game vs the #1 team in got ugly in the 2nd half. 

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, Clemson is the best program in the ACC….and that as this letdown version of Clemson (big picture they are)

so what do you do…realistically? 

You lose Dabo and most likely….you just get worse.   

Clemson had a HISTORIC run with Dabo.  Overshadowed by the fact it was occurring as Saban did his thing. But maintaining that was never realistic.  In reality, when Clemson was competing for nattys on a consistent basis their rosters were never comparable top to bottom with who they competed with. 

Clemson’s bad is still a dream for almost all ACC programs.  I can handle Clemson’s version of bad.  hypothetically the grass is greener….odds favor that if they move from Dabo that it will predictably be a bad decision with much worse results.  

*some great Dabo means going around Twitter right now though 

Maybe you can beat NCSU this year

13 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Clemson and FSU both embarrassing themselves opening week but think they belong in the SEC. What a joke.

I mean, how many SEC teams UGA and Bama embarrassed over the years and will this year too. 

Lot of folks don’t belong in the SEC 

14 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I have no idea why people keep discussing Clemson. The run is over.

Dabo already searching for his next school.

I suspect when Dabo is done at Clemson he will be done with football. 

but the Dabo/Clemson talk is just silly.   Acting like his historic run is supposed to be sustainable and that being a consistent top 25 program year in and year out is somehow embarrassing is silly if you zoom out lol. 

Dabo isn’t looking for a new school.  No power 5 school is going to let him in there to try to remake what he did with Clemson.  It’s a different era.  Dabo has the keys and power to do whatever he wants in Clemson and does.   Rightfully so. 

Clemson’s dark times are still better than what So Car, No Car, etc are doing.  Like I said, anyone outside Clemson wanting Dabo fired just want bad things for Dabo and Clemson.  They are not wanting good things for Clemson football 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Doubt it 

Depends.  I guess if Clemson is only the 2nd half team vs the #1 team in the nation they can’t beat State.   

But maybe State is really more that first half team that couldn’t handle Western Carolina if we just pick and choose a half