• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think anyone outside the Clemson diehards were surprised by that outcome.

Maybe. I expected Georgia to win, but I didn't think it would be that big of a blowout. Ranked teams should be at least competitive to a certain degree.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Maybe. I expected Georgia to win, but I didn't think it would be that big of a blowout. Ranked teams should be at least competitive to a certain degree.

There's a big gap between the legit top 5 teams and the top 20 type teams. I honestly thought Clemson was probably a little overrated at #14 and UGA probably is legit #1.

An 11 point spread on a betting line between ranked teams is pretty significant.

20 minutes ago, csx said:

I have Clemson diehard friends. They weren't expecting anything here. Certainly not shocking the world.

Dabo is a drain on that program

I mean, Clemson is the best program in the ACC….and that as this letdown version of Clemson (big picture they are)

so what do you do…realistically? 

You lose Dabo and most likely….you just get worse.   

Clemson had a HISTORIC run with Dabo.  Overshadowed by the fact it was occurring as Saban did his thing. But maintaining that was never realistic.  In reality, when Clemson was competing for nattys on a consistent basis their rosters were never comparable top to bottom with who they competed with. 

Clemson’s bad is still a dream for almost all ACC programs.  I can handle Clemson’s version of bad.  hypothetically the grass is greener….odds favor that if they move from Dabo that it will predictably be a bad decision with much worse results.  

*some great Dabo means going around Twitter right now though 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, Clemson is the best program in the ACC….and that as this letdown version of Clemson (big picture they are)

so what do you do…realistically? 

You lose Dabo and most likely….you just get worse.   

Clemson had a HISTORIC run with Dabo.  Overshadowed by the fact it was occurring as Saban did his thing. But maintaining that was never realistic.  In reality, when Clemson was competing for nattys on a consistent basis their rosters were never comparable top to bottom with who they competed with. 

Clemson’s bad is still a dream for almost all ACC programs.  I can handle Clemson’s version of bad.  hypothetically the grass is greener….odds favor that if they move from Dabo that it will predictably be a bad decision with much worse results 

*some great Dabo means going around Twitter right now though 

I mean Dabos refusal to utilize the portal is the their biggest problem.

Last 3 seasons is the Dabo is finished and Clemson is done era.  Fire Dabo era. 

Meanwhile, it’s 3 straight winning seasons. 30-10.  Top 25 finish each of them.  His bad is still the best that is being done in the ACC.

they aren’t competing for a natty each year.  Frankly, that’s like 4 programs in reality year in and year out.  Clemson fans wanting Dabo fired are just emotional and not realistic about college football IMO.  People outside of the fanbase that want him fired? They don’t want Clemson to be good lol.  They aren’t looking out for Clemson.  They want to see bad things happen to someone they dislike lol

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Last 3 seasons is the Dabo is finished and Clemson is done era.  Fire Dabo era. 

Meanwhile, it’s 3 straight winning seasons. 30-10.  Top 25 finish each of them.  His bad is still the best that is being done in the ACC.

they aren’t competing for a natty each year.  Frankly, that’s like 4 programs in reality year in and year out.  Clemson fans wanting Dabo fired are just emotional and not realistic about college footbal IMO.  People outside of the fanbase that want him fired? They don’t want Clemson to be good lol.  They aren’t looking out for Clemson.  They want to see bad things happen to someone they dislike lol

I have no idea why people keep discussing Clemson. The run is over.

Dabo already searching for his next school.