• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

well, Clemson had their window.  I was hoping for just a little improvement on O.  But Dabo just answered the question IMO about the pass game with the playcalling early in this one.

seen this movie to many times.  Ending of this movie is just too predictable.  Another wasted  Clemson D…that’s about to crumble with too much weight on them.  

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Burrow was like a 3rd-5th round pick before his 5th year. They aren’t going to have Beck throw bombs against Clemson’s defense unless they need him to, especially this early in the season. 

I'm comparing them up to the same point lol

Screenshot_20240831_134348_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240831_134425_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Holy poo… am I the only one that didn’t know Tyler Shough was the QB of Louisville now in his sixth season of college football?

I remember when people were really high on him coming out of HS.

That extra covid redshirt year, I think he could actually play one more as a graduate lol

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Holy poo… am I the only one that didn’t know Tyler Shough was the QB of Louisville now in his sixth season of college football?

I remember when people were really high on him coming out of HS.

That’s crazy. That Covid year has created so old players.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, Clemson had their window.  I was hoping for just a little improvement on O.  But Dabo just answered the question IMO about the pass game with the playcalling early in this one.

seen this movie to many times.  Ending of this movie is just too predictable.  Another wasted  Clemson D…that’s about to crumble with too much weight on them.  

I mean they are playing that STACKED Georgia D.... still the best ACC team IMo

4 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Joe Burrow didn't break anything before his redshirt senior year, in fact he produced a lot less at the same point Beck is now, We are half way through game 1, I can't honestly say I watched much of either of those QBs much in college....

legit point, people often forget LSU was down in the 2nd q in that natty….and Burrow then was sort of forced into a new gameplan deep.  Which worked in spades for him.  

• Flames 1

Just now, CRA said:

legit point, people often forget LSU was down in the 2nd q in that natty….and Burrow then was sort of forced into a new gameplan deep.  Which worked in spades for him.  

JJ and Chase help a lot…

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

I mean they are playing that STACKED Georgia D.... still the best ACC team IMo

I don’t disagree with that.  I think they likely win the ACC.  I just don’t care much about that.  That’s the curse of success.  Expectations change.