• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s week 1 against a great defense. Last year he was 9.4 YPA. 

That’s yards per attempt not air yardage. Yards per attempt includes YAC, air yardage doesn’t. Beck’s air yardage per attempt was 8.0 yards per attempt which was below the national average.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Daniels had showed a unique skill set though to go along with a decent senior season. His final year at LSU he just put it all together. I don’t really see a QB like him in this draft other than Sanders.

The knock on Penix was always his age and injuries, his numbers were always good. Even at Indiana. He was over drafted though.

McCarthy I don’t really have a feel on. I’d have liked to seen him in an offense that challenged the QB more. He can make the throws but Harbaugh made the offense simple for him.

Okay, so do Cam Ward. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I have not been looking at the college QBs much and I am not a good evaluator of QB talent historically--but I know that Ewers kept Arch Manning on the pine in Texas, which tells me that he won a competitive battle against a player who I am sure was/is a fan favorite.   To me, that means he is mentally tough.  Texas won too.  So I am interested in seeing what he can do.  Sure he has limitations, but so did Brees, Delhomme, etc.  Winning is a mindset, and I am interested in looking into him more if Bryce struggles.

I always like watching the college QBs. It’s such a complicated position to analyze. 

• Pie 2

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

That’s yards per attempt not air yardage. Yards per attempt includes YAC, air yardage doesn’t. Beck’s air yardage per attempt was 8.0 yards per attempt which was below the national average.

8 was below the national average? That’s crazy. Regardless he is doing what is asked in this UGA offense. He has the arm to throw it deep when needed. 

14 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Really don’t like this upcoming draft for QB’s, hopefully Bryce works out.

A couple G5’s to watch are Joey Aguilar from App State and Kaidon Salter from Liberty. Wish both transferred so it would be easier to evaluate them.

Best case scenario Bryce improves we somehow draft Travis Hunter as another weapon for him on offense.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know if these are two of the absolute best defenses in the country or two of the absolute worst offenses. I'm leaning toward a little bit of both. I don't think these offenses are very good.

I think both these teams have some of the best defensive fronts in college football…..and therefore neither can run and when they can’t run they can’t do much.   It’s basically a replay of the last UGA/Clem matchup where UGA’s offense did nothing.  

but that’s not going to apply the rest of the season.  Both these teams will win that run matchup against most of their opponents 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What?

Burrow broke records in college. He had a legit arm downfield.

Burrow was like a 3rd-5th round pick before his 5th year. They aren’t going to have Beck throw bombs against Clemson’s defense unless they need him to, especially this early in the season. 

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

8 was below the national average? That’s crazy. Regardless he is doing what is asked in this UGA offense. He has the arm to throw it deep when needed. 

Slightly below, average was 8.8.

Nix was all the way down at 7.0 which was a knock on him.

People like Beck because he was top 5 in off-target rate and first in average time to throw.

You are correct that he’s just doing what he’s asked but I really prefer a QB that can stretch the field which is why I liked Stroud and while I really like Jayden Daniels.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What?

Burrow broke records in college. He had a legit arm downfield.

Joe Burrow didn't break anything before his redshirt senior year, in fact he produced a lot less at the same point Beck is now, We are half way through game 1, I can't honestly say I watched much of either of those QBs much in college....