• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I'd say more like Stroud.    Physically and mechanically.   But between the ears I have no idea

I thought the world of Stroud so that’s a tough comp for me. Lawrence is in that 10-15 range of QB’s in the NFL imo. Has all the tools and you’re always wanting/waiting to see more. That’s kinda where Beck is right now for me. 

Some high opinions of Beck here.. Lawrence? Stroud? He’s got Darnold written all over him. Lots of short, underneath passes; stares down receivers, air yardage of only 8.0 yards per pass which is under the national average…

I don’t see it with him.

Georgia will be good because of Etienne and their defense.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

11 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I thought the world of Stroud so that’s a tough comp for me. Lawrence is in that 10-15 range of QB’s in the NFL imo. Has all the tools and you’re always wanting/waiting to see more. That’s kinda where Beck is right now for me. 

I’ve seen some compare him to Eli in excelling from the pocket and playing to his size. I want to see how he handles pressure. 

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Some high opinions of Beck here.. Lawrence? Stroud? He’s got Darnold written all over him. Lots of short, underneath passes; stares down receivers, air yardage of only 8.0 yards per game which is under the national average…

I don’t see it with him.

The last 3/4s of 2023 he put on a master class.   If he can do that for a full year he is going #1 like a rocket.   His accuracy was ridiculous 

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Some high opinions of Beck here.. Lawrence? Stroud? He’s got Darnold written all over him. Lots of short, underneath passes; stares down receivers, air yardage of only 8.0 yards per game which is under the national average…

I don’t see it with him.

I guess it all depends on your opinion of Lawrence

like I said he’s in that 10-15 range of QB’s for me. Similar tools. Arm, size, can escape and be mobile when needed

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

The last 3/4s of 2023 he put on a master class.   If he can do that for a full year he is going #1 like a rocket.   His accuracy was ridiculous 

Mayfield had ridiculous accuracy in college as well. Beck has a lot to improve on before I change my mind on him.

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Mayfield had ridiculous accuracy in college as well. Beck has a lot to improve on before I change my mind on him.

Sure.  And like I said we have no idea what's between his ears.   Riding around in a 300000 car all things considered gives me pause.   But his tools set is impressive 

Edited by mrcompletely11

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I guess it all depends on your opinion of Lawrence

like I said he’s in that 10-15 range of QB’s for me. Similar tools. Arm, size, can escape and be mobile when needed

I think Lawrence makes the jump into the top 10 this year. I really like what Pederson did with him this offseason.

Gave him free rein for the first few weeks of training camp to make whatever throws he wanted so he could see what works and what doesn’t. Then in preseason Lawrence lit it up. He got an idea of what throws he could get away with and what throws he can’t get away with. I think the interceptions come way down this year.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1