• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Howell will probably be starting in Seattle before the end of the season.  I don't expect them to be good and I don't expect them to extend Geno Smith. If both are true they're gonna want to give Howell a test drive while they have the opportunity.

Geno Smith is signed through 2025.  I doubt they bench him unless they are planning on trading him next year which wouldn't make sense unless someone overpays.

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

They showed a graphic during the game last night that showed how Colorado has changed since Prime's big arrival there. Everything from an uptick in enrollment by black students, to an uptick in black residents in Boulder, to an uptick in black athletes joining Colorado University sports teams, to an uptick in football scholarships handed out to black athletes. ALL because of Prime. Not because of the team's chances. Not because of the education Colorado provides. But because of Deion. And Whoaa is over here saying he's going to jet to a new team soon! Prime already did JSU dirty. Is he going to do Colorado dirty too? All these young folk thrilled about being part of something new and special are going to lose the main reason they went there? Whoaa, NO ONE here "hates Colorado" as you've said multiple times in this thread. People dislike DEION.

That doesn't mean he's not a grifter. Grifters kinda have to be able to get people to buy in and come along. That's the whole thing.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Howell will probably be starting in Seattle before the end of the season.  I don't expect them to be good and I don't expect them to extend Geno Smith. If both are true they're gonna want to give Howell a test drive while they have the opportunity.

Nah I think Seattle will be in the running for the top pick.

They will be getting a QB with that top 5 pick. We probably could get Howell for cheap once they draft their QB.

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah he'll obviously have a bigger spotlight in Miami. I think he's currently projected a 4th/5th rounder with room to move up 

Ah I think he’d have to have a pretty bad year for that to be the case

Id have bet on him going in round 2 or 3 had he entered the draft this year 

23 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

They showed a graphic during the game last night that showed how Colorado has changed since Prime's big arrival there. Everything from an uptick in enrollment by black students, to an uptick in black residents in Boulder, to an uptick in black athletes joining Colorado University sports teams, to an uptick in football scholarships handed out to black athletes. ALL because of Prime. Not because of the team's chances. Not because of the education Colorado provides. But because of Deion. And Whoaa is over here saying he's going to jet to a new team soon! Prime already did JSU dirty. Is he going to do Colorado dirty too? All these young folk thrilled about being part of something new and special are going to lose the main reason they went there? Whoaa, NO ONE here "hates Colorado" as you've said multiple times in this thread. People dislike DEION.

What with you and race?

My goodness dude can you just talk football.

29 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Geno Smith is signed through 2025.  I doubt they bench him unless they are planning on trading him next year which wouldn't make sense unless someone overpays.

Shop him and if no takers release him. If you're not good and you have an aging mediocre QB that you can get out from under his contract easily, it would be negligent not to play a young QB with some intriguing traits that you've traded for at some point in the season.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lol okay

Getting mad talking about football is crazy. Colorado is getting to you my man. Don't let them defeat you lol

I’ll go back and forth for fun all day.  But we literally did exactly that, on that, all last year.   That’s all.  

I don’t give a poo about Colorado lol.  I do enjoy pointing out people that are full of poo….and that’s Sanders.  So I do that.  He is full of more poo than many politicians lol 

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

I predicted Deion would not be the coach of Colorado in 4 years and I still believe that 

Does anyone think he wants to stay at Colorado after Shedeur hits the draft? It's random as hell. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Colorado initially wanted Shedeur/Hunter and the stipulation was that Deion would get to be the coach. Once his kids move on from college he'll probably try to get into the media world