• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Any intriguing QB's playing tonight aside from Colorado?

Not sure about the QB's, but Travis Hunter will be someone I watch very carefully as I think he is a legit possibility in the draft.

I like the idea of him at DB. This defense needs a playmaker this kid has tremendous talent as a ball hawk. I'm just concerned if he's going to gamble too much. He loves making the big play.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Not sure about the QB's, but Travis Hunter will be someone I watch very carefully as I think he is a legit possibility in the draft.

I like the idea of him at DB. This defense needs a playmaker this kid has tremendous talent as a ball hawk. I'm just concerned if he's going to gamble too much. He loves making the big play.

I think Sanders should quit playing him both ways so much. Maybe the rare big game occasion.  

Lots of college kids could in theory do that.  I think the volume he gets limits us from seeing how good he really is/can be. 

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Sanders should quit playing him both ways so much. Maybe the rare big game occasion.  

Lots of college kids could in theory do that.  I think the volume he gets limits us from seeing how good he really is/can be. 

Agreed.

He's going to get injured if he keeps playing both sides. I seen him enough I think his best position is DB. Play him there and let him shine. 

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Agreed.

He's going to get injured if he keeps playing both sides. I seen him enough I think his best position is DB. Play him there and let him shine. 

I think last year Sanders felt the need to play him both sides with the hype he brought to Colorado he probably felt playing Travis on both sides gave them the best chance to win now. With the improved talent this year he may feel the team doesn't need to play him as much on both sides. Probably still will, but hopefully DB will be his main position and he'll play WR on significantly less snaps, just a few designed plays to get him touches.

But this I am also someone that hasn't followed college football as much as i would like. So an outside looking in take here. 

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Agreed.

and he was average at times last year at DB because of volume and over usage.  Flat out picked on one game at the end of the year.  The "best DB" in the nation shouldn't be the target to be picked on. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Yeah, he's putting a TON of mileage on that kid. I get it, he's a stud and you want to give him every opportunity to impact the game but I think you gotta protect him from himself and just play him at CB then give him maybe 10-12 snaps a game at WR. He isn't the CB he could be whole also trying to play WR full time too, not to mention the excessive wear and tear.