• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

QB is a HUGE part of team success but it's not everything. Especially when your D is non-existent. As a UNC/Deion fan you should be extremely well versed in this concept.

It's the ACC who needs defense?

I don't know how you know me and not know that I think the ACC is a trash conference. They will get exposed in the playoffs per usual.

Cmon guys let's be real with ourselves.

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Sure, and it’s more fair to say now as it’s almost halftime than after one quarter when you said it, but you also insinuated it was because he was getting shutdown, which he’s not.

The team is a mess, we’ve had one drive this quarter over 3 plays, it’s not because he’s getting locked down, we just can’t even get him targets with the OL playing like Swiss cheese right now.

What did I tell you earlier?

This was going to be a beat down. I know your team bro you never had a chance to win this game. I was just looking forward to the Tmac and Hunter matchup.

It's also funny the Hunter has more impact at WR in this game than Tmac so far. But I'm a humble guy I want brag about that.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It's the ACC who needs defense?

I don't know how you know me and not know that I think the ACC is a trash conference. They will get exposed in the playoffs per usual.

Cmon guys let's be real with ourselves.

Was that a response to what I actually said or just a pre-planned rant because... uh, what??? LOL

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It might not be. It's just a new experience for them not being head and shoulders the best team in the conference year in and year out.

With NIL, the portal, and Dabo's refusal to use them much, if any, it's only a matter of time until another school willing to pay more surpasses Clemson. Plus, with the continued lack of competing for a national title, the more the calls for his job will increase.

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What did I tell you earlier?

This was going to be a beat down. I know your team bro you never had a chance to win this game. I was just looking forward to the Tmac and Hunter matchup.

It's also funny the Hunter has more impact at WR in this game than Tmac so far. But I'm a humble guy I want brag about that.

2 for 17 vs 2 for 15, but sure, that's having more of an impact... I guess

Taking a victory lap over T-Mac not having a big game with how our OL and QB have played is basically the equivalent of doing the same thing for any of our WRs the first two games of our season this year with how Bryce was playing.

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

With NIL, the portal, and Dabo's refusal to use them much, if any, it's only a matter of time until another school willing to pay more surpasses Clemson. Plus, with the continued lack of competing for a national title, the more the calls for his job will increase.

Any Clemson fan calling for Dabo's job is completely batshit insane or is too young to remember Clemson football pre-Dabo.

23 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Go read his posts today (and every week) - every post is anti-Miami.

Clemson might be the best team in the ACC - it'll be decided on the field - but to run down the entire conference like this is moronic. 

I’m not anti Miami.  I’ve literally been wishing for the return of FSU, Miami, or someone for years to help legitimize the ACC.

I pick Miami to lose every week for the same reason I do Colorado each week.  To annoy WhoaCam.  They aren’t my honest picks lol.  Same for UofSC,   I want the Gamecocks to be good too.  I just don’t want them to beat Clemson. 

I’ve done nothing really but praise Ward.  In the last 24 hours I’ve called him great countless times.  I have questioned how he I plays and how that translates to the next level when that comes up.   But yeah, Miami is a bad football that happens to have one of the best QBs in the country.   It’s not basketball.  Football is the ultimate team sport.  You could have thrown college Trevor Lawrence on a bad football team and it wouldn’t be a good football team.  They would just have a good college QB. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Any Clemson fan calling for Dabo's job is completely batshit insane or is too young to remember Clemson football pre-Dabo.

It’s largely talk coming from opposing fans and media.  Sure there might be a tiny segment of the fanbase that complains but they exist everywhere. 

9 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Still a place for what Clemson is selling and that continues to show.  And you got to think some type of course correction is coming to the NIL/portal.   

End of the day, Dabo is largely right.  For a team like Clemson, most of the portal is just switching out bodies, not better bodies.  And Dabo is grooming his depth and young guys for Clemson. 

the last 3 Clemson years, would be great years for basically the entire ACC.  Same for many SEC and BIG10 school.  The demise of Clemson is greatly exaggerated because people are tired of Dabo.  The only real difference is we no longer have arguably the best QB in college.  And we still remain good because Dabo builds good teams.