• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everyone runs it up on them. They've just had enough offense to carry them. But the elite teams are gonna have enough defense to get enough stops to win comfortably IMO. Ward and the offense will still put up points but not enough.

Who are the elite teams? Texas and...?

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's honestly pretty obvious. There was a similar call in the UNC game last week. Announcers are just trying to create drama.

They called in an ESPN rules expert for three random plays that Miami were involved with.

Didn't bring the same rules expert back in for obviously holds / pick plays by Louisville. Someone is trying to create the narrative that the Canes have the ACC refs in their back pocket and, quite frankly, it's hilarious. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I like Restrepo.  But he if he is your #1 and what your O is going through….I don’t call that a championship caliber O.  Thats not how  Championship caliber Os with good QBs are built. 

Hunter Renfrow was a legend.  But Hunter Renfrow was an accessory/role player.  

The O runs through Ward.

Restrepo, George, Brown, Horton and Arroyo (I think all will play in the NFL - bar maybe George) are a good cast of receivers and of course we have a host of RBs.

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Agree to disagree I guess. 

I've just seen a large dose of what happens to teams with no defense carried by their QB in recent years. It's a tough row to hoe week in and week out when every offense you play is going to look elite because of your nonexistent defense so your offense has to be damn near perfect to compete.