• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

16 minutes ago, Joe Bear said:

Nah, it's a huge win. This Duke team has less talent than the previous two that lost to UNC. A rivalry win is a big deal when it hasn't happened in six years, and when you overcame a 20-0 deficit to make it happen. Not saying Duke's more than a lower-level bowl team, but starting 5-0 and winning your rivalry game is an accomplishment. I left a party with them down 20-7 thinking, "well, at least they didn't get shut out," and my FIL hit me up with, "well, UNC blew it," and I thought he was kidding.

No one will care when they both finish sub .500 with barely any conference wins. Those teams suck. Everyone knows it.

UNC has sucked for years with a small handful of players keeping them from being atrocious. From Howell to Maye to Hampton. Take away those three players and Mack 2.0 has very few Ws.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one will care when they both finish sub .500 with barely any conference wins. Those teams suck. Everyone knows it.

I understand your frustration and your negativity, because there's every chance both could finish with 5-6 wins. However, if UNC overcame a 20-0 deficit to win 21-20, I believe some of your opinions might be a bit different.

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Yes Milroe has looked GREAT tonight ... but I can recall a handful of Bama QBs who have looked great.

Which begs to question, just how the heck do you know what you're getting with a QB from an elite college squad?

You can never fully know. Burrow and Stroud threw to some of the greatest college receivers in recent memory and were at some of the biggest powerhouses. 

For Milroe, I'm on record here flying the flag for him being drafted by Carolina (maybe by myself or with one other). Other than Hurts, he's the most different Alabama QB has ever had. He's a threat with his feet and his arm, and while he still has growing to do, his ceiling talentwise and guts-wise is limitless. Everyone loves to see these guys overcome adversity too, and this guy had to fail and fight to be the starter last year.

We can't let the Bryce experience jade us from Milroe. If we're drafting a QB, he's the guy--especially in a keep-Dalton-and-grow-the-rookie scenario.

Edited by BrisbanePanther
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

UNC has sucked for years with a small handful of players keeping them from being atrocious. From Howell to Maye to Hampton. Take away those three players and Mack 2.0 has very few Ws.

State and WF will be below .500 as well

All 4 NC ACC teams bite this year.

16 minutes ago, Joe Bear said:

I understand your frustration and your negativity, because there's every chance both could finish with 5-6 wins. However, if UNC overcame a 20-0 deficit to win 21-20, I believe some of your opinions might be a bit different.

Not really. Why would it be? I already know we sucked because we got wrecked by JMU. That told me all I needed to know. What you learned today is y'all are just as bad (well, exactly one point better). The state of college football in NC is at an all-time low.