• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's honestly pretty obvious. There was a similar call in the UNC game last week. Announcers are just trying to create drama.

I had thought they would have blown the whistle instead of letting Louisville pickup the ball and return it.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

People are gonna be screaming ref protection but that's an incomplete pass.

maybe.  But given they called it a fumble….I think the refs disregarded the rule and evidence required to change a call.   

Which is basically the VT scenario.  I probably would have liked both those calls to be different on the field.  But they weren’t.  So I do think Miami gets saved by the refs ignoring the actual criteria required to change a play just using replay to remake the call (probably correctly). 

Refs ain’t doing that for most teams.  So I think it fair to say the refs bail them out where most teams get screwed by the rules 

Just now, jayboogieman said:

I had thought they would have blown the whistle instead of letting Louisville pickup the ball and return it.

I like them letting it play out. When in doubt go with the call on the field that can get fixed by replay. Blow it dead and you can't fix it. You can give the, the ball but you can't give them the points.

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

maybe.  But given they called it a TD….I think the refs disregarded the rule and evidence required to change a call.   

Which is basically the VT scenario.  I probably would have liked both those calls to be different on the field.  But they weren’t.  So I do think Miami gets saved by the refs ignoring the actual criteria required to change a play just using reply to remake the call (probably correctly). 

Refs ain’t doing that for most teams 

He had clear control of the ball with the hand moving forward. By the letter of the rule it was very clear cut.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Miami is fun to watch for sure but there's no way they have enough defense to be national championship contenders. 

Agree, a good offense will run it up on them.  They will face a decent defense as well at some point.