• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

@tukafan21 don't know if Hunter is playing, but that matchup with Tmac should be fun to watch.

Best WR vs best DB must see TV!

Uh..... Best WR?

But I thought you were taking Hunter over T-Mac as a WR too?  lol

Last I heard he was playing, I hope he does so T-Mac can catch another TD pass with Hunter defending him like he did last year

image.png.aba8c9f07f7319a089a9cff98199005f.png

Edited by tukafan21

55 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I can definitely see the Patriots taking Hunter #1.

I think the Patriots would love to get him and have a crazy CB pairing with him and Gonzalez, but I really can't see any way that a team takes Hunter #1 overall, as taking a CB at #1 is just nuts, especially when you already have one of the best young CBs in the game as is.

As valuable as a true lockdown corner can be for a team, taking them 1st overall makes no sense, you trade back or take a position that impacts the game more, like DE or OT if there isn't a QB to take at #1 that year (and again, I don't think Hunter plays WR in the NFL, he's a better CB prospect and with his size, he's more likely to hold up on that side of the ball than on offense).

1996 was the last time a non QB, DE, or OT was taken first overall and it was a WR, which was also a year after an RB went first and a DT the year before that too.  And in today's NFL, I think we'll see WRs be much more in play to go 1st overall in years there isn't a QB for the spot given how much they can change a team when you have a true elite WR.

In fact, there hasn't been a DB drafted first overall in the history of the NFL going back to 1936.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if we were to end up with the top pick and some QB doesn't end up proving they should be the pick (and so far none have), then I'm taking T-Mac 100 times out of 100 if we can't trade back, and even then I'm targeting him of course lol

Edited by tukafan21

Miami shoots themselves in the foot repeatedly with penalties to kill their drive. TD on 3rd and 6 turns into 3rd and 21 after offensive pass interference turns into 3rd and 26 after a false start turns into a 55 yard FG after a Ward scramble.

That Miami kicker is definitely playing in the NFL. That 55 yarder would've been good from 70. Good grief.

13 hours ago, HPPantherzfan said:

Damn, you broke your perfect streak

In fairness, I was asked to make a Duke prediction after I put my cold hard rock solid locks out. I have watched Duke once in the last 6 years I believe.  I know nothing about them.  

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Miami shoots themselves in the foot repeatedly with penalties to kill their drive. TD on 3rd and 6 turns into 3rd and 21 after offensive pass interference turns into 3rd and 26 after a false start turns into a 55 yard FG after a Ward scramble.

That Miami kicker is definitely playing in the NFL. That 55 yarder would've been good from 70. Good grief.

bad team with a good QB