• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

I was perfect last week in my picks despite being slightly off on the point spread.   Here is a list of more winners for you. 

Clemson 100 Virgina 2

OU 1000 UofSC 2

AZ 10000 Colorado -4

Bonus picks

Louisville 100000 Miami -6

Tarheels give up an absurd amount of yards and points to the bye week but advance with no one knowing, no one talking about how that is possible. 

59 minutes ago, CRA said:

I was perfect last week in my picks despite being slightly off on the point spread.   Here is a list of more winners for you. 

Clemson 100 Virgina 2

OU 1000 UofSC 

AZ 10000 Colorado -4

Bonus picks

Louisville 100000 Miami -6

Tarheels give up an absurd amount of yards and points to the bye week but advance with no one knowing one talking about how that is possible. 

Nice picks.  I expect Clemson to cover the -21.  Not sure about Louisville winning.  I'm probably more down on Miami than most of the people here, but Louisville has been pretty underwhelming since the Notre Dame loss.  I think Miami is overrated, but they are probably better than Louisville.

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Nice picks.  I expect Clemson to cover the -21.  Not sure about Louisville winning.  I'm probably more down on Miami than most of the people here, but Louisville has been pretty underwhelming since the Notre Dame loss.  I think Miami is overrated, but they are probably better than Louisville.

Miami has been horrible in all ACC play this year.  Easily could be 0-2.  Probably should be.    Louisville will be there toughest opponent yet.  I don’t think Louisville is great.  But reality seems to be, Miami just has a QB and aren’t actually a good football team.  

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Miami has been horrible in all ACC play this year.  Easily could be 0-2.  Probably should be.    Louisville will be there toughest opponent yet.  I don’t think Louisville is great.  But reality seems to be, Miami just has a QB and aren’t actually a good football team.  

Yeah, they kinda seem like Carolina during the Howell/Maye years.

It starts out decent but ultimately the truth comes out.

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I expect Clemson to cover but I also don't expect Dabo to humiliate Tony Elliott. It will be right around that 21-point margin.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, they kinda seem like Carolina during the Howell/Maye years.

It starts out decent but ultimately the truth comes out.

Miami pass game is largely a Hunter Renfrow wannabe as their primary guy.  That’s going to bite them I think in the long run….paired with poo D.   That’s not a formula in reality to be good.  It’s a weak team with good QB.  Which is why they barely have been able to beat the meh-est of ACC squads 

3 minutes ago, TEClemson53 said:

I expect Clemson to cover but I also don't expect Dabo to humiliate Tony Elliott. It will be right around that 21-point margin.

Yeah, even if they get up….the combo of Dabo pulling starters early and Elliot being his guy presents a game you wouldn’t bet on.  Even if Clemson could run away with it, zero chance Dabo would do it to Elliot.  So if I was betting the spread I might take UVA. But I wouldn’t touch that game 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Miami pass game is largely a Hunter Renfrow wannabe as their primary guy.  That’s going to bite them I think in the long run….paired with poo D.   That’s not a formula in reality to be good.  It’s a weak team with good QB.  Which is why they barely have been able to beat the meh-est of ACC squads 

So basically Sam Howell's last year when we had Josh Downs and nobody else. Downs was a really good slot but if you could double Downs and spy Howell we were kinda cooked. We still put up points but the D couldn't stop anyone