• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

29 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We have to have one on the roster to try and develop and i kindof agree a second is too high but mccord does look the part

I don't agree that we have to have one to develop. We don't ever develop those guys anyway, so what is the point of forcing that issue?

Additionally, there are ample cast-off younger veteran QB's that are available every offseason if it's some strange requirement to have one(it isn't).

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I want to trade down.  We are not ready for a rookie qb.  If we get one select him later in draft or rd 2 if someone falls.   We need lots of draft capital.  And if we are at 1 and raiders at 10ish we could fleece them

We're ready on O for a rookie QB - that OLine is as good as it gets - but he'd have to win a shootout every week. 

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Oh yeah @CRA I'm no homer I agree with you on Sanders holding the ball too long. Yeah his Oline is bad, but some of those sacks were his fault. If he has a weakness it's holding the ball and taking unnecessary sacks. He has to work on that.

That’s literally been my only real critique of him.  The QB.  I don’t think in big moments he goes for the big play too much.  But that’s not a major one,    That 4th and 5.  Think there were smarter plays.  

but that’s a big concern trying to transition to the NFL.  It’s a much bigger flaw to a QBs game at the next level. 

I wish Colorado would get away from the 4 wide hero ball scheme they essentially force him into.  I still think they could win more games if they tweaked things.   It would also help get him out of the bad habits he is building on

part of the reason the reason he doesn’t have a run game to work off of is just scheme and playcalling.  They had like negative 30 rushing last night.  That’s not talent.  That’s on the coaches.  They got the talent to run in that conference.  

4 teams in college football didn’t use the portal 

3 of those 4 are now in the top 25. 

portal is nice for a random kid here or there.  I think the overuse of it also presents a double edged sword at times.   Too many random parts isn’t always going to trump teams that are building year after year  

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

That’s literally been my only real critique of him.  The QB.  I don’t think in big moments he goes for the big play too much.  But that’s not a major one,    That 4th and 5.  Think there were smarter plays.  

but that’s a big concern trying to transition to the NFL.  It’s a much bigger flaw to a QBs game at the next level. 

I wish Colorado would get away from the 4 wide hero ball scheme they essentially force him into.  I still think they could win more games if they tweaked things.   It would also help get him out of the bad habits he is building on

part of the reason the reason he doesn’t have a run game to work off of is just scheme and playcalling.  They had like negative 30 rushing last night.  That’s not talent.  That’s on the coaches.  They got the talent to run in that conference.  

WTF CRA has something positive to say about Colorado.

Who hacked his account?

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

WTF CRA has something positive to say about Colorado.

Who hacked his account?

That post literally could have been made last week.  Exact same stuff said.  Not a new thought made. 

I got one new thought.  the forgotten Sanders son will be over drafted thanks to dad and the hype machine.  Colorado has been better without him.  

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

4 teams in college football didn’t use the portal 

3 of those 4 are now in the top 25. 

portal is nice for a random kid here or there.  I think the overuse of it also presents a double edged sword at times.   Too many random parts isn’t always going to trump teams that are building year after year  

So 22 of the teams in the top 25 used the portal, ergo teams should use the portal.  🙂

Just now, Shocker said:

This will probably change but I like Sanders and Beck as the top guys right now.   Beck has really good traits and I like his upside a lot

I don’t like anyone enough for our barebones team to gamble on them.  Go draft some sure thing LB or something hard to screw up 

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

So 22 of the teams in the top 25 used the portal, ergo teams should use the portal.  🙂

That’s different math though 

3 of the 4 non portal teams are in the top 25.  That’s 75%.  The football powers told you the these teams were all being left behind.  

124 teams used the portal.  22 of those are in the top 25.  17%. 

point is simply, the football powers are all about ruining college football.  The portal is indeed broken.   And they spammed college football fans that teams that didn’t use the broken system were essentially doing college football wrong and would be left behind.   Which doesn’t appear to be the case.  

something to be said about building and developing your guys 

Portal has its place.  I still contend it’s broke and guys like Dabo are largely right about it all. 

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

That’s different math though 

3 of the 4 non portal teams are in the top 25.  That’s 75%.  The football powers told you the these teams were all being left behind.  

124 teams used the portal.  22 of those are in the top 25.  17%. 

point is simply, the football powers are all about ruining college football.  The portal is indeed broken.   And they spammed college football fans that teams that didn’t use the broken system were essentially doing college football wrong and would be left behind.   Which doesn’t appear to be the case.  

something to be said about building and developing your guys 

Portal has its place.  I still contend it’s broke and guys like Dabo are largely right about it all. 

Sorry, my comment was slightly tongue in cheek.  I am not a fan of what has happened to college football recently as a whole,  with the portal being a part of it.  

I am assuming one of the teams you are referring to is Army and maybe Navy since they are in one of the polls.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Sorry, my comment was slightly tongue in cheek.  I am not a fan of what has happened to college football recently as a whole,  with the portal being a part of it.  

I am assuming one of the teams you are referring to is Army.  

Clemson, Army, Navy and Air Force are the only 4 schools not to use the portal.  First 3 are in the top 25 this week. 

which is a bit of a middle finger to the narrative you have to join the mess or be left behind 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Clemson, Army, Navy and Air Force are the only 4 schools not to use the portal.  First 3 are in the top 25 this week. 

which is a bit of a middle finger to the narrative you have to join the mess or be left behind 

Hoorah motherfuggers!!!!