• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

I have no idea how this game is tied. GT is owning the LOS. They've done some really dumb offensive play calling. They're QB kinda sucks and they keep trying down field shots. I get it, the UNC secondary gives up numerous deep balls every week but your QB just isn't even coming close.

18 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Clemson imploded that drive. Their QB just isn't that good.

He has improved though.  Clemson probably getting the best QB play this year they have seen vs the last 3 seasons.   Which isn’t saying a lot.  

I said in recent weeks the key seems to be to run him early….he plays better after that.  Which they haven’t done yet today 3 drives in.  Think it gets his nerves out and he quits thinking.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

He has improved though.  Clemson probably getting the best QB play this year they have seen vs the last 3 seasons.   Which isn’t saying a lot.  

I said in recent weeks the key seems to be to run him early….he plays better after that.  Which they haven’t done yet today 3 drives today.  Think it gets his nerves out and he quits thinking.  

So, you're saying Dabo needs to give him the Ron Rivera Cam Newton treatment.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I said in recent weeks the key seems to be to run him early….he plays better after that.  Which they haven’t done yet today 3 drives in.  Think it gets his nerves out and he quits thinking.  

Drake Maye was the same way. He played his best when he was running recklessly. His play suffered when we asked him to be more conservative running the ball.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

So, you're saying Dabo needs to give him the Ron Rivera Cam Newton treatment.

Not to that extent.   But Clemson’s O has always run their QBs.  And none of them have actually been running QBs.    I think there is something to some guys getting hit and defenses respecting that.  

Watson and Trevor weren’t running QBs.  They ran though.  Cade is a decent runner.   As evidence the last couple weeks.  

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Drake Maye was the same way. He played his best when he was running recklessly. His play suffered when we asked him to be more conservative running the ball.

You ask Cade to just drop back and throw all game and it has never really worked out that well.  He has to mix it up IMO.  I think it’s mental.  

• Pie 1