• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch baseball. Hell, I'd rather watch Panthers football than watch baseball.

Ha I don't watch baseball like that either. Hell I'm only watching because Ohtani is having his first playoff series. He's been a no show so far.

I'm likely done watching after this series lol

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've seen people say that but I still don't get it. I've been to baseball games live and it's still the same boring poo. It's just an atrocious spectator sport IMO. 

I like it in person because it’s slow enough that I can enjoy the company I’m with and my snacks lol. During football games I feel like I have to stay locked in lol.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I feel like baseball is a sport that you have to attend live. I hate watching it on tv but I love going to games.

It's supposed to be "slow". Like golf. Or soccer. It's not fast-paced like hockey or basketball, and it's not boiled down to just 17 critical games per year. But it's one of the hardest to play sports, and there is nothing like baseball playoffs in October. Crisp air, loud crowds, and each inning is a nail biter. I'll take it every time over the stop and start in play, commercial overload that is the NFL. But again, I'm on a football board so I'm not changing anyone's mind lol.

That said, my Yankees won a tough one tonight. One game away from the ALCS.

8 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It's supposed to be "slow". Like golf. Or soccer. It's not fast-paced like hockey or basketball, and it's not boiled down to just 17 critical games per year. But it's one of the hardest to play sports, and there is nothing like baseball playoffs in October. Crisp air, loud crowds, and each inning is a nail biter. I'll take it every time over the stop and start in play, commercial overload that is the NFL. But again, I'm on a football board so I'm not changing anyone's mind lol.

That said, my Yankees won a tough one tonight. One game away from the ALCS.

I will say this. I worked the scoreboard for a single A team when I was in college and it goes by much quicker when you are filling out your scorecard and also having to punch multiple buttons on the Daktronics key pad after one at bat.

There were times when poo like this happened.

- Hit runner to first, runner advances to second on throwing error, base runner on first thrown out at second, runner on third scores. And I’m sitting here like wtf… give me a second to key all that in.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I will say this. I worked the scoreboard for a single A team when I was in college and it goes by much quicker when you are filling out your scorecard and also having to punch multiple buttons on the Daktronics key pad after one play.

One of my favorite aspects is that as long as there is no pitching change, you don't get a commercial until the inning is over. No matter how long it takes. Meanwhile in the NFL and the NBA ... oof.

• Pie 2