• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Isn't he a freshman? So he has two more years before he's even draft eligible, right? Might be a little too early to completely toss him aside. LOL

Redshirt freshman. He can declare next year with Arch if he wants. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

You left to early. Three late tds to come back from a 20 point deficit.  Ward had his best game of the year.

I fell asleep when they got back to 32-38, iirc.  Lol.  I mean, I saw some NFL throws and I love the bounce back from adversity, but overall, he kind of falls in line with the majority of this QB class...  there's just something missing.  Nothing like a Cam or AR where they're physically superhuman and just have to refine, and no otherworldly accuracy/awareness like a Stroud.  It feels like most of this upcoming class are really good, but nothing is "wow!" about them.  I like Ward, and compared to guys like Beck, yeah, I take Ward all day...  but I don't get crazy excited about the idea, snd I wouldn't bet it's a quick process.

Still, amazing grit, heart, and an incredible comeback.

19 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

How so?

What do you mean how so? Back to back weeks in ACC play the game has come down to a play late under review….that the masses all see as the review being handled wrong and in Miami’s favor to thus get the win. 

now you can argue refs get plays wrong all game.  They do.  But once it goes to review? That’s viewed differen.  There wasn’t the evidence to overturn that TD under review last week and that should have been targeting called this week. 

so yeah, if the call the majority of football fans think should of been made during review was…..Miami is 0-2

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I fell asleep when they got back to 32-38, iirc.  Lol.  I mean, I saw some NFL throws and I love the bounce back from adversity, but overall, he kind of falls in line with the majority of this QB class...  there's just something missing.  Nothing like a Cam or AR where they're physically superhuman and just have to refine, and no otherworldly accuracy/awareness like a Stroud.  It feels like most of this upcoming class are really good, but nothing is "wow!" about them.  I like Ward, and compared to guys like Beck, yeah, I take Ward all day...  but I don't get crazy excited about the idea, snd I wouldn't bet it's a quick process.

Still, amazing grit, heart, and an incredible comeback.

If he would just take the check down throw he'd be running away with the Heisman trophy (and Miami wouldn't be in these close games).

He's just playing hero ball.