• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That Clemson QB has been playing better lately. It’s like something is starting to click for him. 

I think it’s Clemson running him. They start early each game.   Think it gets the nerves out.  And its a bit like Trevor where he is a better runner than the initial eyeball test might have you believing 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think it’s Clemson running him. They start early each game.   Think it gets the nerves out.  And its a bit like Trevor where he is a better runner than the initially eyeball test might have you believing 

Drake Maye was like that. His play suffered when they started reining in his running. He played better when he was Superman diving and cartwheeling around.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Fantastic production, but I would be hesitant to draft him. At his pace, he's going to run his wheels off before the season is over.

His carry volume isn’t crazy though. 

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Fantastic production, but I would be hesitant to draft him. At his pace, he's going to run his wheels off before the season is over.

He doesn't have a crazy high number of carries. The UNC guy leads NCAA in that category

Clemson has dominated this game but the 23-7 score certainly doesn’t show that.  And they can’t get a FG attempt off at this stage.  

FSU got more FG blocks than rushing yards.  Sad stat for both teams 

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Perhaps. I'm not sure about Young though. I honestly don't remember and it looks like it doesn't matter anyway. Vandy pulled the upset.

As someone who wants to see Milroe in Process Blue, I'm more focused on his play the rest of the season. The defense gave up more points to Vandy than any Alabama team in nearly 120 years! Pretty sure at least one mainland US state didn't exist then.

However, his pick six is literally the difference in the game...then to fumble at a critical time. 

Let's see if he plays tentative through the air or on the ground the rest of the season. If he doesn't and uses this embarrassment as motivation to get to the playoff, he'll be invited to New York. If he wins the championship, he may be the #1 pick.