• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Clemson loss a game already 

Miami has yet to lose. I like their chances with the best QB in the conference.

What does losing to UGA have to do with who is the best team in the ACC? UGA isn’t in the ACC or it would be easy to declare them the best 

Miami has played 1 ACC game….and got bailed out with an overturn to win that game vs a bad VT team (at home)

Clemson has smoked their two ACC opponents.  They got better D.  They are better coached.  And an overall better O.  Better roster.  Experience.  

Miami has a better QB. 

Duke beating UNC was not on my bingo card today, and it definitely wasn't after they fell behind 20-0 in the second half. But that's a huge win for Duke's program and it justifies the effort they've made to become competitive.

Alabama winning? Yawn. I would've preferred Georgia to win, but I'm not shocked. Miami dodged a Blacksburg-sized bullet last night, though.

14 minutes ago, Joe Bear said:

Duke beating UNC was not on my bingo card today, and it definitely wasn't after they fell behind 20-0 in the second half. But that's a huge win for Duke's program and it justifies the effort they've made to become competitive.

Never underestimate UNC's ability to blow it on the gridiron. I posted at halftime that they could very well still lose this game. Beating a team that got absolutely boat raced by JMU isn't a "huge win" for anybody, not even duke. They'll lose to every semi-decent team on their schedule, just like UNC will.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Never underestimate UNC's ability to blow it on the gridiron. I posted at halftime that they could very well still lose this game. Beating a team that got absolutely boat raced by JMU isn't a "huge win" for anybody, not even duke. They'll lose to every semi-decent team on their schedule, just like UNC will.

Nah, it's a huge win. This Duke team has less talent than the previous two that lost to UNC. A rivalry win is a big deal when it hasn't happened in six years, and when you overcame a 20-0 deficit to make it happen. Not saying Duke's more than a lower-level bowl team, but starting 5-0 and winning your rivalry game is an accomplishment. I left a party with them down 20-7 thinking, "well, at least they didn't get shut out," and my FIL hit me up with, "well, UNC blew it," and I thought he was kidding.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Mack should have stepped down for real this week lol