• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

3 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

Because we clearly need a pass rush. Drafting Williams, Pearce , or Carter can’t be over looked. Can’t fix all our problems this year.  Spend on a WR or edge rush. Either way you got to spend. Unless somehow Wonnum is the truth and breaks out. 

Sure, but you can solve the #1 WR spot for the next 4 years on a rookie contract and then hopefully a Top 10 WR in the league for the next 6-8 years after that by taking T-Mac.

In today's game, as important as pass rushers are, you can find them later in the draft or bargain FA's on a year to year basis if you evaluate properly.

But #1 WR's are not as easy to come by, as we've shown by not being able to do it since Smitty outside of DJ, and really he never quite got to that Top 10 WR status here either.  Give me the 6'5" 215 lbs WR with glue sticks for hands and more than solid speed and agility all day, those kind of WR's are near impossible to find these days.  

I'm telling you, 5 years from now he's going to be right there in the discussion with Jefferson, Chase, Harrison, etc as a clear Top 10 and in the discussion of Top 5 WRs in the league.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The Beck collapse aside, the Georgia defense has looked super soft tonight.  Really surprised at that.

Agreed but I still wouldn’t hate Starks if he fell to the 2nd.  All this talent and they haven’t wowed me. Living In Birmingham the whole city is watching this game, 

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Sure, but you can solve the #1 WR spot for the next 4 years on a rookie contract and then hopefully a Top 10 WR in the league for the next 6-8 years after that by taking T-Mac.

In today's game, as important as pass rushers are, you can find them later in the draft or bargain FA's on a year to year basis if you evaluate properly.

But #1 WR's are not as easy to come by, as we've shown by not being able to do it since Smitty outside of DJ, and really he never quite got to that Top 10 WR status here either.  Give me the 6'5" 215 lbs WR with glue sticks for hands and more than solid speed and agility all day, those kind of WR's are near impossible to find these days.  

I'm telling you, 5 years from now he's going to be right there in the discussion with Jefferson, Chase, Harrison, etc as a clear Top 10 and in the discussion of Top 5 WRs in the league.

I like Tmac, I agree top 10 WRs can come in and make a difference instantly while DE/OLB usually take a year or two because need reps and NFL weight room.  I just want us to be better. 

3 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I like Tmac, I agree top 10 WRs can come in and make a difference instantly while DE/OLB usually take a year or two because need reps and NFL weight room.  I just want us to be better. 

100%, but that's why I take T-Mac

Do you think the Vikings and Darnold would look as good as they have without Jefferson?

I'm not saying T-Mac will be Jefferson and the literal best WR in the game and doing things nobody has seen before, but it shows what a true elite WR can do for a team.

If we get the #1 pick and can't find anyone to trade back with, I'm still taking T-Mac (yea, maybe that's where my Arizona bias shows, but still, I think he has that kind of potential where even if we took him #1, when people look back 5 years later it will look like the right call).

Never would have thought that my Panthers forum is going to be WILD for the Colorado @ Arizona game in 3 weeks

LOL

Hunter covering T-Mac might melt Cam's mind

(we won't mention the stats from last year's matchup when T-Mac had 9 catches for 107 and a TD with Hunter on him most of the game, including the TD catch he had on him)