• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lol stop it 

Tmac is currently #2 on my draft list. Hunter is the only player I want over him. That's disrespectful?

I only want Tmac if we can’t keep Johnson. If we retain him I like to think we will have more pressing positions to address. Tmac will absolutely be a top 12 pick 

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lol stop it 

Tmac is currently #2 on my draft list. Hunter is the only player I want over him. That's disrespectful?

This is a joke, right?

this entire time I’ve said Hunter is my #3 WR and a generational college talent while you’ve been saying I tearing Hunter down instead of saying he’s great

But now you’re saying I’m the one saying you’re disrespectful to put Hunter over him?

No, I’m just saying you’re wrong and can’t or are unwilling to read/understand what I’ve been saying about Hunter.

2 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I only want Tmac if we can’t keep Johnson. If we retain him I like to think we will have more pressing positions to address. Tmac will absolutely be a top 12 pick 

Ugh, why would you want to re-sign a 29 year old player to a big contract over drafting a 21 year old player with a much higher ceiling

Id take Hunter over T-Mac if it’s that or re-signing Johnson to a big deal

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

This is a joke, right?

this entire time I’ve said Hunter is my #3 WR and a generational college talent while you’ve been saying I tearing Hunter down instead of saying he’s great

But now you’re saying I’m the one saying you’re disrespectful to put Hunter over him?

No, I’m just saying you’re wrong and can’t or are unwilling to read/understand what I’ve been saying about Hunter.

We aren't getting anywhere here. You don't get me and I don't get you.

Let's just end this debate. We going back and forth over 2 great players. We just disagree on who will be drafted first.

5 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Ugh, why would you want to re-sign a 29 year old player to a big contract over drafting a 21 year old player with a much higher ceiling

Id take Hunter over T-Mac if it’s that or re-signing Johnson to a big deal

Because we clearly need a pass rush. Drafting Williams, Pearce , or Carter can’t be over looked. Can’t fix all our problems this year.  Spend on a WR or edge rush. Either way you got to spend. Unless somehow Wonnum is the truth and breaks out. 

• Pie 1

Just now, PappyMay said:

Because we clearly need a pass rush. Drafting Williams, Pearce , or Carter can’t be over looked. Can’t fix all our problems this year.  Spend on a WR or edge rush. Either way you got to spend. Unless somehow Wonnum is the truth and breaks out. 

Yea I like going edge or WR and picking up a long shot QB in the later rounds

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We aren't getting anywhere here. You don't get me and I don't get you.

Let's just end this debate. We going back and forth over 2 great players. We just disagree on who will be drafted first.

I absolutely get you.

You fall for media hype and can't separate collegiate ability, impact, and highlights with projecting how the player translates to the NFL game.

You did it with Bryce, you're doing it here (although you won't be near as wrong here than with Bryce as Hunter will still be a very good if not great NFL player at either position), and have done it with numerous other of your Panthers player personnel discussions over the last year or so.

You seem to take my posts describing why I think Hunter will make for a better CB than WR and saying his 2 way ability in college has no bearing on his NFL draft prospects at a single position, as me tearing him down and not saying he's a great player, which is just nonsense as my literal words say the exact opposite time and time again.

That's the crux of it, you don't want to take the time to actually read and comprehend what I've been saying about him, you just see "T-Mac over Hunter for X, Y, and Z objective reasons" and read it as "OH MY GOD HUNTER IS THE WORST PROSPECT IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL DRAFT AND I HATE HIM BECAUSE OF IT"

Yes, I have a general T-Mac bias, I'm an Arizona alum, I haven't hidden from that.  

But I can also separate the two and look at them as pure WR prospects and regardless of my alumni status, I'd take T-Mac over Hunter 100 out of 100 times.

• Beer 1