• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He has a receiving TD and a defensive INT.

You just overlooked these things as if it's normal. He plays both ways!

He shouldn't be having that kind of impact playing that many snaps. He's a unicorn something we never seen. The commentator literally compared him to Ohtani. That's the kind of player we are talking about here.

You comparing him to Reggie Bush makes no sense. Bush didn't play both sides you can't compare him to anyone because we haven't seen this ever!

Don't mention Prime and Woodson. Those guys didn't have the reps Hunter had on offense.

This post literally proves what I've been saying about him and what you seem to just gloss over and ignore while saying it's a feather into his cap for his draft status.

Him being a 2 way player has ZERO standing on his NFL draft prospects, as he will NOT be a full time 2 way player in the NFL, if that was even reasonably feasible, it would change things, but it's not.  If he enters the draft as a CB, then sure, it gives him a slight boost because a team could look at him as someone they could give 10-15 snaps on offense a game as a gadget player.  But his college 2 way game has less than zero impact on his NFL draft prospects as a full time WR.

You can't seem to separate college impact from NFL draft prospects, they're literally 2 entirely different things, and if you can't acknowledge or understand that, then this conversation is just absurdly pointless anyways.

And the comparisons have nothing to do with their game itself, just impact at each level.

The Bush comparison is about his college vs NFL impact.  Bush was a complete generational collegiate talent, there's been few like him with how he could take over a game, but he was just a solid NFL player with moments of greatness.

Woodson was a generational collegiate talent who also could take over games, in a manner much more similar to Hunter, but his game translated to being a 1st baller HOFer.  Which is why I say he's more Bush than Woodson, both game changers in college, but only one was also a generational NFL talent in the end.

And again I have to clarify, none of this is saying he's going to be a bust or not even a 1st round talent.  It's all as to why I rank him below TWO players in the draft next year if he were to decide to play WR.  But you seem to think I'm saying he shouldn't be going until the 5th round or something with how you think I attack him.

17 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He has a receiving TD and a defensive INT.

You just overlooked these things as if it's normal. He plays both ways!

He shouldn't be having that kind of impact playing that many snaps. He's a unicorn something we never seen. The commentator literally compared him to Ohtani. That's the kind of player we are talking about here.

You comparing him to Reggie Bush makes no sense. Bush didn't play both sides you can't compare him to anyone because we haven't seen this ever!

Don't mention Prime and Woodson. Those guys didn't have the reps Hunter had on offense.

The TLDR version of my response to this above is.... stop talking about his 2 way game when discussing his NFL Draft prospects.

He won't be a full time 2 way player in the NFL no matter how much he wants to be one.

So stop talking about it when saying it affects his draft status, it just makes you sound dumb.  Talk about it in regards to his college greatness all you want, but it needs to stop there as it doesn't affect his NFL prospects, period.

Edited by tukafan21

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

This post literally proves what I've been saying about him and what you seem to just gloss over and ignore while saying it's a feather into his cap for his draft status.

Him being a 2 way player has ZERO standing on his NFL draft prospects, as he will NOT be a full time 2 way player in the NFL, if that was even reasonably feasible, it would change things, but it's not.  If he enters the draft as a CB, then sure, it gives him a slight boost because a team could look at him as someone they could give 10-15 snaps on offense a game as a gadget player.  But his college 2 way game has less than zero impact on his NFL draft prospects as a full time WR.

You can't seem to separate college impact from NFL draft prospects, they're literally 2 entirely different things, and if you can't acknowledge or understand that, then this conversation is just absurdly pointless anyways.

And the comparisons have nothing to do with their game itself, just impact at each level.

The Bush comparison is about his college vs NFL impact.  Bush was a complete generational collegiate talent, there's been few like him with how he could take over a game, but he was just a solid NFL player with moments of greatness.

Woodson was a generational collegiate talent who also could take over games, in a manner much more similar to Hunter, but his game translated to being a 1st baller HOFer.  Which is why I say he's more Bush than Woodson, both game changers in college, but only one was also a generational NFL talent in the end.

And again I have to clarify, none of this is saying he's going to be a bust or not even a 1st round talent.  It's all as to why I rank him below TWO players in the draft next year if he were to decide to play WR.  But you seem to think I'm saying he shouldn't be going until the 5th round or something with how you think I attack him.

Compare Hunter stats to Tmac stats this season.

Let me know if you see a major difference.

Now factor in Hunter also has to play defense! Now imagine if Hunter was resting and just playing offense. You telling me those WR stats wouldn't improve drastically if he just focused on WR?

I'm telling you it doesn't matter what position he plays he's going to get drafted ahead of Tmac even as a WR.

28 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Beck folds under pressure.

I have watched Sanders with that kind of pressure and he makes love to it. 

When you watch these QBs you have to pay attention to that kind of stuff. Oline play matters and when you have a QB who can have success with a bad Oline that is a good sign.

That's a good one. Keep that one. 

That second part... yeah.. I agree. But if they suck it just means the OL sucks, right? 

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Compare Hunter stats to Tmac stats this season.

Let me know if you see a major difference.

Now factor in Hunter also has to play defense! Now imagine if Hunter was resting and just playing offense. You telling me those WR stats wouldn't improve drastically if he just focused on WR?

I'm telling you it doesn't matter what position he plays he's going to get drafted ahead of Tmac even as a WR.

If you want to start comparing NFL Draft prospects by looking at stats on a box score, then again, you just sound dumb.

As I've said to you dozens upon dozens of times, the college and NFL game are entirely different.  Just because you put up great stats in college, doesn't mean you are destined to be great in the NFL.

Just look at all the Heisman QB's who were awful in the NFL, or never even got a chance because NFL execs knew their game didn't properly translate.

Not to mention that EVERYTHING Colorado and Deion does on offense, is to maximize Shedeur's and Hunter's stats, even if it's not what is best for the team itself.  Deion has proven that, he cares far more about his 2 kids and Hunter than the actual program, he's a glorified cheerleader, not a real HC.

If he goes in as a WR, he's absolutely NOT being drafted above T-Mac.

If he tries to be a 2 way player it won't work and he'll either be forced to one side of the ball or just be out of the league due to injuries from his body not being able to stand the physicality of playing both ways in the NFL (but I also don't think it would come to that because I don't see any NFL team earnestly letting him play full time both ways regardless).

You're falling for the hype machine and collegiate impact, and confusing that with legitimate NFL draft prospects, two very different things.

Edited by tukafan21

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Yes Milroe has looked GREAT tonight ... but I can recall a handful of Bama QBs who have looked great.

Which begs to question, just how the heck do you know what you're getting with a QB from an elite college squad?

People helmet scouted Stroud and didn’t want him because of that.  Not saying it’s the same situation but it’s hard to tell.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

If you want to start comparing NFL Draft prospects by looking at stats on a box score, then again, you just sound dumb.

As I've said to you dozens upon dozens of times, the college and NFL game are entirely different.  Just because you put up great stats in college, doesn't mean you are destined to be great in the NFL.

Just look at all the Heisman QB's who were awful in the NFL, or never even got a chance because NFL execs knew their game didn't properly translate.

Not to mention that EVERYTHING Colorado and Deion does on offense, is to maximize Shedeur's and Hunter's stats, even if it's not what is best for the team itself.  Deion has proven that, he cares far more about his 2 kids and Hunter than the actual program, he's a glorified cheerleader, not a real HC.

If he tries to be a 2 way player it won't work and he'll either be forced to one side of the ball or just be out of the league due to injuries from his body not being able to stand the physicality of playing both ways in the NFL (but I also don't think it would come to that because I don't see any NFL team earnestly letting him play full time both ways regardless).

You're falling for the hype machine and collegiate impact, and confusing that with legitimate NFL draft prospects, two very different things.

So you are saying TMac gets drafted higher than Hunter? 

3 minutes ago, strato said:

That's a good one. Keep that one. 

That second part... yeah.. I agree. But if they suck it just means the OL sucks, right? 

If they suck then that's up to the people watching the film. I'm just speaking for me I have seen Sanders with bad Oline play for most of his snaps. Of course he can hold on to the ball at times, but if that's the biggest concern for Sanders then I like his chances.

He makes NFL throws. The deep ball accuracy is there even under pressure. Stuff like that you can't teach.

5 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

LMAO I'm done.

Speaking of Tmac he's about to play. Guess I'm gonna watch him now. If you have been following me lately you would know that I have been saying we need to draft either Hunter or Tmac. Unlike you I can admit both players are great and I don't have to tear down Tmac to prove my point.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So you are saying TMac gets drafted higher than Hunter? 

If Hunter enters the draft as a WR, then 100% yes, and a very solid chance Burden goes before him as well.

If he enters as a CB, there's just no way to predict it as it comes down to team needs of course.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If they suck then that's up to the people watching the film. I'm just speaking for me I have seen Sanders with bad Oline play for most of his snaps. Of course he can hold on to the ball at times, but if that's the biggest concern for Sanders then I like his chances.

He makes NFL throws. The deep ball accuracy is there even under pressure. Stuff like that you can't teach.

Hey, it wasn't about Sanders, at all.