• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

3 hours ago, HPPantherzfan said:

Duke about to go 4-0, just saying

We've only played cupcakes (outside of NW, which took double OT to win) and almost blew a 3 score lead against one of said cupcakes. I wouldn't be hyping this team yet. Malik is incredibly raw and a more inconsistent thrower than Riley was (which is saying a lot since Riley himself was pretty inconsistent) and I remain completely unsold on the Diaz hire given how much of a trainwreck he was at Miami.

Edited by beo

3 minutes ago, beo said:

We've only played cupcakes (outside of NW, which took double OT to win) and almost blew a 3 score lead against one of said cupcakes. I wouldn't be hyping this team yet. Malik is incredibly raw and a more inconsistent thrower than Riley was (which is saying a lot since Riley himself was pretty inconsistent) and I remain completely unsold on the Diaz hire given how much of a trainwreck he was at Miami.

Pretty much where UNC fans were last week. Like yeah, we're winning but it's not exactly confidence inspiring. I just don't understand why our D can show promise very early on before ultimately face planting. Last year, our D played great in the first fame against South Carolina before ultimately showing themselves to be one of the worst in the nation. Same story this year. We played very well in the first game against Minnesota and now the wheels have fallen off again.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pretty much where UNC fans were last week. Like yeah, we're winning but it's not exactly confidence inspiring. I just don't understand why our D can show promise very early on before ultimately face planting. Last year, our D played great in the first fame against South Carolina before ultimately showing themselves to be one of the worst in the nation. Same story this year. We played very well in the first game against Minnesota and now the wheels have fallen off again.

100% agreed with those first two sentences. Duke is the exact same right now to my eyes. Even against MTSU today, third play of the game was a 67 yard rushing touchdown where the back was untouched the entire way. Just absolutely gashed. Duke was playing one of the worst teams in FBS. The score looks good and all, but my eyes just aren't buying it. The good start probably means that a 6 win season and bowl game isn't off the table, but ACC play is going to be a LOT tougher. 

With that being said, if Malik stays and develops some, next year could be pretty promising. Just depends on Diaz and if his defense is as good as advertised. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Arch Manning is throwing a ton of deep bombs. This is pretty fun to watch!! Even if hes beating up on poo competition 

Arch has squeaky clean pockets and wide open receivers. Even Bryce could hit some of these throws. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Ward really should have 2 INTs instead of 1 right now.  First pass of the game was pick 6 territory 

The INT he was charged with should be ruled a fumble. He hit the dude right between the numbers - I'm still not entirely sure how that ball popped out. 

• Pie 1