• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I don't have a dog in the fight, but he has a point when it comes to football. Duke is a basketball school.

So is Carolina but we talk about their football.  Tell me, what’s the difference?

And I would like to add, Carolina football loses like this with 4 and 5  star recruits.  

Edited by HPPantherzfan
  • Pie 2

6 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

So is Carolina but we talk about their football.  Tell me, what’s the difference?

And I would like to add, Carolina football loses like this with 4 and 5  star recruits.  

UNC is a North Carolina school. By law 82% of freshmen have to be from NC. A whopping 15% of duke students are from NC.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

UNC is a North Carolina school. By law 82% of freshmen have to be from NC. A whopping 15% of duke students are from NC.

And what does that have to do with the fact your football program sucks as bad as Dukes?  Actually, last couple of years Duke has been better.  Fun fact, did you know when they were first thinking of building the Asheboro Zoo, a Carolina alum, NC general assembly member and NC senate member said to just put a fence around Carolina?  True fact, he said it to the zoning board

Edited by HPPantherzfan

2 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

And what does that have to do with the fact your football program sucks as bad as Dukes?  Actually, last couple of years Duke has been better.  Fun fact, did you know when they were first thinking off the Asheboro Zoo, a Carolina alum, NC general assembly member and NC senate member said to just put a fence around Carolina?  True fact, he said it to the zoning board

I'm just saying that's probably a big part of why so many more people talk about UNC on here and in the state of NC in general. UNC has MUCH deeper roots in the state. UNC is a NC institution. Duke just happens to have an ugly campus in a shitty town that happens to be surrounded by the state of NC.