• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

2 minutes ago, Ornias said:

UNC should spend some NIL money on corners and a real QB.

Louisville fielded one of the best defenses in the ACC last year with two UNC transfers starting in the secondary. They gave up huge plays at UNC. It's not a talent issue. It's not a positional coaching issue either. I thought it was Dre Bly's fault. He's gone now and it got even worse.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Louisville fielded one of the best defenses in the ACC last year with two UNC transfers starting in the secondary. They gave up huge plays at UNC. It's not a talent issue. It's not a positional coaching issue either. I thought it was Dre Bly's fault. He's gone now and it got even worse.

That is a fair point. 

It’s a double edge sword with Dabo….he plays more players than any coach in college football.  He was onto backups and 3rd stringers in the 3rd quarter. 

But I think that hurts Clemson in the polling.  Because dominate wins end up looking like less dominate as opponents score vs our depth 

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Mack has not fielded even a decent defense since he got here.  Bubba has to grow a pair and get him out of here asap.  Are they gonna ignore football?  

He got the program out of the gutter and back to middling level but it looks like he has put us right back in the gutter again. The point of bringing Mack back at his age was to get the program back on track but I fear we waited too long to try to shift to a long-term option.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

It’s a double edge sword with Dabo….he plays more players than any coach in college football.  He was onto backups and 3rd stringers in the 3rd quarter. 

But I think that hurts Clemson in the polling.  Because dominate wins end up looking like less dominate as opponents score vs our depth 

But if you don't play them you lose them to the portal anyway.

11 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Just noticed that Sheduar Sanders is the highest paid athlete in college football (5.1m).  Something just doesn’t sit right with me when his dad brokers that kinda of money for his son.

Colorado is on Nat'l tv damn near every week. They are making the NCAA a ton of money. Not surprising as Sanders is probably the most popular college athlete on social media.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Colorado is on Nat'l tv damn near every week. They are making the NCAA a ton of money. Not surprising as Sanders is probably the most popular college athlete on social media.

Meh, Caleb Williams made like 10.1 million last season

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The money is ok for me. What bothers me is his dad putting his son first and the team second. That is not ok for all the other players on the team. But that is also not surprising considering who his dad is.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Martin said:

The money is ok for me. What bothers me is his dad putting his son first and the team second. That is not ok for all the other players on the team. But that is also not surprising considering who his dad is.

The entire thing is a talent show and branding venture for the Sanders family

Deion can’t do basic game managment.  He does highlight my son managment 

the entire O is designed to stat pad his son.   The reason the OL “sucks”‘ despite buying talent and playing in a weak conference….is they don’t run real run plays or attempt balance….and  the QB holds the ball and takes sacks to keep his stats up 

and Deion will be exposed just like he was at Jackson St when he leaves after this year.  It’s just a family thing. 

• Pie 1