• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

It is very early to bet on this but Hunter will without question market himself as a WR if he must pick a position but even better he will probably try to sell a two way player.  Deion did it but he ain’t Deion.  Should be very interesting 

Possibly.

I think he was quoted saying he prefers to be a DB. Maybe he changed his mind.

4 minutes ago, strato said:

I get the market has exploded. I know nobody wants to hear hopeful poo but we have two guys high up now that have that area of expertise. I will grant that rXL was intentional for Young, but looked okay. A bright spot.

Maybe they can do a better job at it than the people who have been doing it. 

I doubt Morgan's expertise. I still feel he got the job because he's a yes man and nobody else wanted the job.

I don't think XL was for Young either. He fits the RAS score mold the team has used since Tepper took over though. Young needed a quick, good route runner. That is not XL.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Even the best defense in this league isn’t contending if the offense is utter garbage.

I honestly think T-Mac has top 5 WR type of potential, that’s not something you pass up when you get the chance to get, especially when we’re so weak at the position.

I haven't even seen him. I guess I'd agree if we have someone to pass the ball properly. Otherwise what is the point, get a defense and a running game. 

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah Tmac is definitely on my radar now. He was open on the last drive which would have been a TD.

Shout out Tuka for plugging his guy. He honestly wasn't even on my radar before the season.

I started a thread saying last November that he needed to be our pick in 25 lol

We have had a bunch of good players at Arizona since I went there, lots that I thought would be good NFL players, some panned out and others didn’t.

But there have only been 2 that I felt were can’t miss stars that will be many times over pro bowl type of players.

Gronkowski and T-Mac

• Beer 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

I doubt Morgan's expertise. I still feel he got the job because he's a yes man and nobody else wanted the job.

I don't think XL was for Young either. He fits the RAS score mold the team has used since Tepper took over though. Young needed a quick, good route runner. That is not XL.

I wasn't talking about Morgan, he is gonna defer to Canales on that, 100%. And the OC, those guys should be better than what we have had picking them. All I am saying. 

1 minute ago, strato said:

I haven't even seen him. I guess I'd agree if we have someone to pass the ball properly. Otherwise what is the point, get a defense and a running game. 

Because then he’s going into his 2nd season and no longer a rookie when you use the 1st rounder on a QB in what should be a very good QB class and have an elite pairing for the next decade and a nice SB window with them on rookie deals too.

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Just turned the game on a minute ago ... Arizona has a Bryce-sized QB. Holy crap. But the difference is he has moxy.

The difference is that it also works in college, it just doesn’t in the NFL lol

Love Fifita, but he’s not going to be an NFL QB, even if he does end up as a Heisman candidate for the next few years

• Pie 2