• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 College Football Thread

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

I would say he's someone to keep an eye on for the draft. The problem is I think they go QB or tackle if the Panthers go offense. Otherwise, it's time to add cheap young talent to the defense.

We still can’t find that #1 WR, taking him would solve that for the next decade.

I pray they seriously consider it, I’d honestly lose my mind if we took him, would be crazy for me

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I’m telling you, he’s got it all, sure Hunter and Burden are a tad faster/quicker, but that’s to be expected with the size difference.  There aren’t many 6’5” WRs with his speed and agility.

And just look how they keep running a safety over there, even if he’s not doing anything because of it, he’s giving us an advantage.

He’s my #1 want next year, if we get the first pick and nobody will trade with us, I’m still taking him (and only a slight bias in that, he’s just that good)

He reminds me of a young Mike Evans maybe a bit more quickness as well.

I wouldn't take him #1 overall, but trade back a few spots and im cool with a WR.

4 minutes ago, strato said:

I know we will need a WR and maybe QB, we have been shorting the defense now to the point it looks like we could give up low to mid 30s on average. That's pretty bad, but let's let it get worse. 

I know...

Considering the draft capital put into WR the last three years, the Panthers shouldn't need another WR. But the team has never been able to draft worth a poo, so...

3 minutes ago, strato said:

I know we will need a WR and maybe QB, we have been shorting the defense now to the point it looks like we could give up low to mid 30s on average. That's pretty bad, but let's let it get worse. 

I know...

Even the best defense in this league isn’t contending if the offense is utter garbage.

I honestly think T-Mac has top 5 WR type of potential, that’s not something you pass up when you get the chance to get, especially when we’re so weak at the position.

• Beer 1

On 9/8/2024 at 4:28 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

So it seems like you don't want the bet.

I said Hunter will be drafted before both WRs. You're covering yourself in case he gets drafted as a DB.

It is very early to bet on this but Hunter will without question market himself as a WR if he must pick a position but even better he will probably try to sell a two way player.  Deion did it but he ain’t Deion.  Should be very interesting 

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Considering the draft capital put into WR the last three years, the Panthers shouldn't need another WR. But the team has never been able to draft worth a poo, so...

I get the market has exploded. I know nobody wants to hear hopeful poo but we have two guys high up now that have that area of expertise. I will grant that rXL was intentional for Young, but looked okay. A bright spot.

Maybe they can do a better job at it than the people who have been doing it.