• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox - Go Screw Yourself!!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41032440/nfl-says-brady-face-tv-restrictions-raiders-part-owner

First they kick a proven elite color guy in Olsen off their #1 team to give to Brady.

But now it's coming out that Brady is going to have significant restrictions on what he can do in that role, because of his impending Raiders ownership.  He won't be able to speak to players in the lead up to games, can't be in production meetings, and will be limited in the criticism he can make of refs, teams, and players.

I hadn't thought of this before, but it makes a ton of sense, he could gain a lot of information on teams/players that he could pass onto the Raiders if he was involved in those discussions.

But now that this is out there, how can they keep him on the top team?

That means in NFCS and every other Super Bowl, the color commentator won't be able to say, "in practice this week...." or "I was talking to the QB yesterday and...."

That's kinda a key component to that job and providing quality analysis, how in the world can they justify having him in this role now?

Do the right thing Fox and give the job back to Greg

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think he’s gonna suck anyway so maybe this gives them an excuse as to why.  

I've actually thought he was going to be horrible since the announcement, until a month or so ago when there was a video out there of him breaking down a play on I think a podcast.

It was pretty clear that he's actually put in the work over the last year to get ready for the job, and with his football knowledge, I don't think he's going to be terrible anymore, and could be pretty good.

This however isn't insignificant, it really would hamper his ability to give a quality call.  Which would be okay if he was on the #2 team, but on the top team that calls NFCS and Super Bowls, it would be a disservice to fans. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

He got the role on his name alone , that he made on the field , but you don't see Jordan calling NBA games, just because you were successful in a sport, doesn't mean you will be interesting talking about it 

Olsen has much more charisma and personality, and already proved one of the best to ever do it, he is much better than Romo, and if Fox loses him , he might take Romos job has CBS's #1 Comentator 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Y'all are crazy if you think Brady is going to call games long-term. He will likely do it for 1 season and realize it's not for him.

He would have to REALLY hate it to voluntarily walk away from that contract, even more so if these conditions are put into place.

He gets paid almost $40 million a year to work 21 days (18 weeks plus playoffs), 22 in a Fox Super Bowl year.  

Brady was always a guy who would stay into the game anyways, so I don't count him watching film as him working, as he'd be doing that anyways without this job.  So if you then take away the days they get into town early to talk to player/coaches and maybe watch practice, plus no production meetings, it's even less he has to do.

Not like this is a time consuming job, the only thing it does is doesn't allow him to go on any trip or vacation for more that a couple days at a time from September to February each year, but seems like a small inconvenience for getting paid that much money.

8 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

He would have to REALLY hate it to voluntarily walk away from that contract, even more so if these conditions are put into place.

He gets paid almost $40 million a year to work 21 days (18 weeks plus playoffs), 22 in a Fox Super Bowl year.  

Brady was always a guy who would stay into the game anyways, so I don't count him watching film as him working, as he'd be doing that anyways without this job.  So if you then take away the days they get into town early to talk to player/coaches and maybe watch practice, plus no production meetings, it's even less he has to do.

Not like this is a time consuming job, the only thing it does is doesn't allow him to go on any trip or vacation for more that a couple days at a time from September to February each year, but seems like a small inconvenience for getting paid that much money.

I see Brady taking the Peyton Manning route. Calling games ain't for everybody.

He can just start his own show or something like the Manning's have. I guess we will see how it goes his first season.

Greg got screwed, but it's Brady he will always have the top spot just because he's the GOAT.