• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adjusted 2024 Roster w/Projected Starters

Yep we’ll see who sticks after the first few weeks on defense. The DB unit will be a bit fluid behind our starters but think we’re pretty set for Base, Nickel and Subpackages 

OLB is the thinnest. DJJ’s development will be key this year

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Yep we’ll see who sticks after the first few weeks on defense. The DB unit will be a bit fluid behind our starters but think we’re pretty set for Base, Nickel and Subpackages 

OLB is the thinnest. DJJ’s development will be key this year

Hopefully Wonnum comes back after week 4 and helps provide a spark. OLB is very dependent on Clowney who has had his share of injuries. CB is very dependent on Horn and we know his history… Also I think Smith-Wade was getting some looks on the outside.

49ers fans are really upset Abt losing Kingston over on reddit fwiw. Felt he could've been depth now and an eventual starter. Apparently killed it in preseason and camp.

Really excited Abt getting him in that case.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

Just now, Rags said:

49ers fans are really upset Abt losing Kingston over on reddit fwiw. Felt he could've been depth now and an eventual starter. Apparently killed it in preseason and camp.

Really excited Abt getting him in that case.

I seen that too.

I've also noticed they picked up players high PFF scores too(ugh...) Maybe the new Eric Eager has a bigger role than people think. It felt like many of these were driven by Eager. 

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Hopefully Wonnum comes back after week 4 and helps provide a spark. OLB is very dependent on Clowney who has had his share of injuries. CB is very dependent on Horn and we know his history… Also I think Smith-Wade was getting some looks on the outside.

I think some these new additions (CB) have 4 weeks to prove themselves.

• Pie 3

50 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I think Dane Jackson is our original CB2 and probably gets his job back unless someone is playing great. 

I’d agree there.

Hill is a solid NB as well who can play outside if need be.  That would likely be the case if we didn’t trade for the second Jackson and then Chau would’ve been folded in a bit sooner than expected at Nickel. Problem being those packages are probably 60% of our snaps so it would’ve been a big role for a 5th rounder to be thrust into.

By doing what we did, 2 Jacksons can be outside if Horn goes down (once Dane is back) and Hill stays put. No musical chairs if a secondary starter goes down.