• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Waiver Claims

I trust our staff put in many, many hours leading to these claims. Morgan said he was looking at it like a second draft. Reports coming out that Dave valued the claim process this year more than most other coaches. Let’s hope their scouting was on point, but I believe they put in the legwork leading to today. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, WestPanthers said:

They waived ISM and now down to 5 receivers....

Cade Mays as well....

I like ISM and maybe this is for the best but idk. That man literally scored our only touchdown in our game against the Bears last season. I can't even remember when we scored a special teams touchdown before that. Better keep churning....

I very much like our emphasis on addressing Corner and our addition at OLB but I really want to see another WR. Diontae Johnson and Xavier Legette have already had a couple of scares in camp and Thielen is 34 years old. That leaves Mingo and David Moore who is 29. I'd like to see another younger wide receiver with some upside brought in.

9 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Panthers announce they've released six players: WR Jalen Coker WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette S Demani Richardson CB D'Shawn Jamison G Cade Mays DT Jayden Peevy

thought I would add the claimed players with this for some one-stop shopping: 

image.png.0d05bf6e650499c883a2387d304c58ba.png

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

I like ISM and maybe this is for the best but idk. That man literally scored our only touchdown in our game against the Bears last season. I can't even remember when we scored a special teams touchdown before that. Better keep churning....

I very much like our emphasis on addressing Corner and our addition at OLB but I really want to see another WR. Diontae Johnson and Xavier Legette have already had a couple of scares in camp and Thielen is 34 years old. That leaves Mingo and David Moore who is 29. I'd like to see another younger wide receiver with some upside brought in.

I'm pretty sure they'll sign Jalen Coker back to PS if he can clear the waiver tomorrow..........

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Just now, WestPanthers said:

I'm pretty sure they'll sign Jalen Coker back to PS if he can clear the waiver tomorrow..........

Even if he clears waivers it's going to be a long season. He was a sought after UDFA and I imagine his name will come up sooner rather than later if a contending team has a banged up wide receiver or two.