• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Waiver Claims

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Canales does come across a lot better in a press conference than Rhule and Reich.  I get the feeling the vibe is better in the locker room.  He seems like a players guy.  I guess we'll see how that evolves throughout the year.

I see that Pete Carroll optimism in him too.

• Pie 3

52 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'm not going to say we needed a "packed" WR's room. But. We did have the worst passing offense in the NFL last year......

How often do your #6 and #7 WRs play?  We can keep them on the PS.

• Flames 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

How often do your #6 and #7 WRs play?  We can keep them on the PS.

I hear your argument and give validation to that because on the surface it is sound.

But my retort would be our #1 WR we acquired via trade and the first round WR we traded up for this year have already been banged up in camp. It's a 17 game season. Things can change in an instant unfortunately.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

That's all well and good but it doesn't look like he can run past the quarterback, (and the rear official), nearly as fast as brian Burns . . . 

• Beer 2

21 minutes ago, frankw said:

I hear your argument and give validation to that because on the surface it is sound.

But my retort would be our #1 WR we acquired via trade and the first round WR we traded up for this year have already been banged up in camp. It's a 17 game season. Things can change in an instant unfortunately.

id rather have Coker or Smith-Marsette and one less CB--but I think they think they can use the PS like a bull pen.  If they sign Coker tomorrow then I will feel better--

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, frankw said:

Even if he clears waivers it's going to be a long season. He was a sought after UDFA and I imagine his name will come up sooner rather than later if a contending team has a banged up wide receiver or two.

5 hours ago, Joe Bear said:

Losing Coker could really come back to bite Morgan, but when you're going to be active on the waiver wire, as he has been, UDFAs are usually on the chopping block.

Coker was this year's camp hero, Zod/Igo used to have them every year and every year they got cut. This kid runs great routes and has great hands. His father says the plan is for him to be back on the practice squad tomorrow. But it is not going to hurt us or come back to bite us, because in the end he is a slow, UDFA who needs to adjust to the change in talent level. He wouldn't get significant minutes for anyone in the league as is. 

35 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

id rather have Coker or Smith-Marsette and one less CB--but I think they think they can use the PS like a bull pen.  If they sign Coker tomorrow then I will feel better--

What's very odd is that those 6 panthers that were cut from the original roster, the Panthers think tank has leftd no room or just one spot open on the PS. (there maybe a 17th if international). 

Losing Coker, ISM(I'm a fan of), and Mays would hurt imo. Just seems dirty of the Panthers to hold on to them and NOT offer a PS after other teams already finished their rosters. 

very odd.....