• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Waiver Claims

Outside of the enigma that is Ian Thomas, David Moore being here as a vet who has come and gone before is the only other spot that seems a bit uninspiring. But realistically, our WR5 isn’t getting substantial production anyways.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Outside of the enigma that is Ian Thomas, David Moore being here as a vet who has come and gone before is the only other spot that seems a bit uninspiring. But realistically, our WR5 isn’t getting substantial production anyways.

I assume this was always just a straight ISM/Moore swap.  I'd rather have ISM on punts. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, falconlynx said:

Feel bad for the guys that made the initial roster and now going to be cut. 

Hope we can get all of them on the practice squad.

Yeah what a feeling. You FINALLY make the team.. only to be cut 24 hours later by a guy the team have never had in the building. 

NFL... not for long.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I like our waiver moves and following cuts. I'm happy we signed Plummer to the PS. Now, I hope we can sign Coker there as well. I like his RZ ability. I wouldn't be surprised is we signed ISM there too. 

He's going to be our future center I think. 

Well our starting center is starting in Pittsburgh, IMO. Man we are gonna regret that one.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Please don't do that. This is the same poo that people said about Fitterer.

Nights Talladega GIF

Fitterer changed the roster quite a bit.  He made it worse...  I'm just glad Morgan knows it needs a complete overhaul.  

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

He made it all the way to Cincy on claims so the Panthers weren’t the only ones who didn’t value him. Just another local huddle crush the league disagrees on.

New Sheriff in Town--(I just made that up!)

Bob Condotta
By
Seattle Times staff reporter

So who is Jamie Sheriff?

Well, until about a month ago, he was a beer delivery driver for Southern Beverages in Ridgeland, Miss.

But then the Seahawks called the first week of August looking to add some pass-rushing depth in the wake of an injury to Joshua Onujiogu, officially signing him on Aug. 6.

And Saturday following a 37-33 preseason win over the Cleveland Browns, there Sheriff was, standing at the same podium in the interview room at Lumen Field, where Pete Carroll, Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner and so many others have stood, basking in the spotlight of a performance that might well assure him of staying in the NFL a while.

“It’s a blessing,’’ said Sherriff, who emerged as maybe the biggest surprise of the Seahawks’ preseason, leading Seattle in sacks with three after getting two Saturday.

“Because three weeks ago I didn’t know where I was going to be. I was at home delivering beers for a beer company. And when I got that call, I just made the most of my opportunity.”  (some college video)

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Fitterer changed the roster quite a bit.  He made it worse...  I'm just glad Morgan knows it needs a complete overhaul.  

Again, please don't do that.

We literally don't know the result of this yet.

He got handed a turd(same thing was said about early Fitterer) but ultimately this is leaps and bounds away the worst roster we have ever fielded. 

That has to improve over the course of the season and in 2025 for me to "trust the process."

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I think Lonnie Johnson is a CB/S and he could be taken to play S.  We now have 8 CBs on the roster if Lonnie Johnson is listed as a S.  Franklin, Dane Jackson, Wonnum and Barno are still out.  I imagine that some of these will be moved to the PS when that happens, but I am hoping these young players can grab a few spots.

That's a big thing that I'm considering too: the returning players. There's going to be 4 more cuts in the future when they come off IR-R/PUP/NFI.

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Again, please don't do that.

We literally don't know the result of this yet.

He got handed a turd(same thing was said about early Fitterer) but ultimately this is leaps and bounds away the worst roster we have ever fielded. 

That has to improve over the course of the season and in 2025 for me to "trust the process."

Eh I'm all for trying something different until something works.  If he was wanting to keep everything "As Is" and thought we were "almost there" or "close" I would be more concerned.  Keep churning that roster Danny Boy!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2