• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most overrated QBs as voted by their peers

NAS

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That's an expensive September

It's going to be fun watching him have to do more with less as the years go by in that contract, with a 63.4 cap hit in year 3 is my guess when it turns on him. That's why they let Hunt walk and signed their guys to 1 year deals at both OG spots. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

New model will be build the hell out of your team and use QBs on rookie deals. I would not want to be a Dolphins fan right now. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

New model will be build the hell out of your team and use QBs on rookie deals. I would not want to be a Dolphins fan right now. 

That's not new.  People have been trying to do that since Seattle won over a decade ago.

The reality is, it's not a feasible strategy.  If you have a legit QB, they aren't seeing that 5th year option.  They will be extended on a new deal by year 3 or 4.  The model is get a franchise QB that can compete for titles, which is insanely difficult.

You have to make the call if they are that guy or not by year 3.  We'll see how this works out for Miami.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That's not new.  People have been trying to do that since Seattle won over a decade ago.

The reality is, it's not a feasible strategy.  If you have a legit QB, they aren't seeing that 5th year option.  They will be extended on a new deal by year 3 or 4.  The model is get a franchise QB that can compete for titles, which is insanely difficult.

You have to make the call if they are that guy or not by year 3.  We'll see how this works out for Miami.

I should have said instead of signing an iffy player to a big money deal given to a real bona fide guy, it is better to draft another. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, strato said:

Never pay a QB a 2nd contract that can't make a SB run with less around him IMO. Tua isn't worth half that contract and they weren't contenders last year with him on the end of his rookie deal. Miami was written off before the playoffs even began.

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, mrBdawg said:

On this same article Bryce was tied for third as most underrated QB. Prob more relevant here 

I posted a thread about that, you can imagine how that is going 

Edited by X-Clown
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, Admiral Ackbar said:

So basically even NFL players cant recognize the difference between the good and bad QBs from a distance.

Why the heck do fans feel they know any better....

Right? Fans having opinions? What's that all about? Who do they think they are?

It's almost like anyone can have an opinion and be wrong sometimes because we all have flaws and make mistakes.

• Pie 3

8 hours ago, NAS said:

1) Josh Allen
2) Jalen Hurts
T2) Tua Tagovailoa
3) Justin Herbert
4) Trevor Lawrence
5) Deshaun Watson 
6) Kyler Murray 
T6) Brock Purdy

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41001234/nfl-patrick-mahomes-lamar-jackson-caleb-williams-quarterbacks-ranking

Trying to see the logic behind the list...

1) Josh Allen - Has yet to reach a SB. For all the big plays he makes, he's also a turnover machine which has cost his team games.
2) Jalen Hurts - Eagles in general fell off a cliff for drama that - afaik - hasn't been fully revealed yet. Maybe he's part of that drama and/or he's hit a developmental wall.
T2) Tua Tagovailoa - Team carrying him more than the other way around. Overpaid.
3) Justin Herbert - All the talk about him being an elite player doesn't line up with overall record, even after considering circumstances.
4) Trevor Lawrence - See Justin Herbert
5) Deshaun Watson - Scandal + Paid an unjustified amount of money
6) Kyler Murray - Possible poor work ethic. Excuses made for erratic performances.
T6) Brock Purdy - See Tua

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Right? Fans having opinions? What's that all about? Who do they think they are?

It's almost like anyone can have an opinion and be wrong sometimes because we all have flaws and make mistakes.

Triggered much??

It's not about having opinions, its about thinking your opinions are fact...everyone is guessing at the end of the day.

Edited by Admiral Ackbar
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Admiral Ackbar said:

Triggered much??

It's not about having opinions, its about thinking your opinions are fact...everyone is guessing at the end of the day.

No sir. Just commenting on and trying to bring some humor to a strange POV that I've seen lately here about fans remarking on sports matters in general as if they have no place doing so. To which naturally the only conclusion to make is why would a place like this even need to exist then?

If that's not what you intended then apologies and no harm no foul.

On the bolded I think you've accurately described the majority of sports media. Which includes many former players across different sports doing the same thing. Of course fans and content creators on social media mimic these behaviors. At this point it is what it is.

• Beer 2