• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young gets votes for one of the most underrated QBs in the NFL by his peers

X-Clown

Most improved for me, I'll take that one and hope there is no need for a 'comeback' year. 

And I am sorry to nitpick I am frustrated and trying not to upset the usual suspects with what I really think. 

Edited by strato

36 minutes ago, strato said:

As I understand a comeback: first you have to achieve and then be bad - then you can come back to achieving at your previous good level. Come back.

He can go most improved.

I don't think this award goes to 2nd year players too often.  They are almost expected to improve from their rookie year.  Let's just get some wins and have the offense looking better.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don't think this award goes to 2nd year players too often.  They are almost expected to improve from their rookie year.  Let's just get some wins and have the offense looking better.

Lol I did not know that was a real award, I was playing.

Hope he is in the conversation. 

2 hours ago, Icege said:

There's criticism and then there's chronic invalidation. I can't think of any reasonable person that didn't acknowledge that Bryce's size was an area of concern going into the draft. The mention of narcissism comes from the fact that there are other data points such as his game film that address some of the criticisms but those rebuttals are willfully dismissed/ignored. When called out on their behavior, as has been done here, narcissists will appeal to emotion and avoid responsibility for their own chosen actions. 

For example: Bryce's deep ball. There's plenty of tape from his final college season showing him hitting WRs downfield 40+ yards accurately. That's still something that he can do. However, we've got a bunch of posters that claim Bryce's arm suddenly can't make that same throw in the NFL? You yourself are on the record here claiming his arm strength is "bottom-tier" in the NFL and that "Bryce doesn't have the arm strength to make throws any longer than they absolutely need to be." Most reasonable folks will agree that he doesn't have elite arm strength but they will acknowledge that he has an average NFL arm (at the least, NFL coaches and players do). Are you being honest about your actions, or are you exaggerating victimhood?

You're saying that my opinion differing from the opinion of others is somehow a sign of narcissism? I'm curious where you're pulling those quotes from - are those actually my words, and if so can you link them? The first one is definitely something I've said and an opinion I hold, but why does my opinion have to align with others in order to not be 'narcissistic'? Putting more weight on NFL film than college tape is somehow narcissistic behavior? You can't be serious.

Opinions are not emotions and the 'rebuttals' you mention are no different than the evidence/bad tape that exists the other way as well; your tossing out of words like 'victimhood' is absurd. I have no idea where you're even trying to go with that but if anything seems anchored in 'emotion', it's your line of thinking. This is a game and it really makes no difference to me in the end because, as I've said before but am apparently a narcissist for thinking, Bryce's performance either stays on the course I expect and never shows much or he develops, the team has a QB, I am proven wrong (always possible in life) and say as much, and the team and fans all win from the better QB play.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

You're saying that my opinion differing from the opinion of others is somehow a sign of narcissism? I'm curious where you're pulling those quotes from - are those actually my words, and if so can you link them? The first one is definitely something I've said and an opinion I hold, but why does my opinion have to align with others in order to not be 'narcissistic'? Putting more weight on NFL film than college tape is somehow narcissistic behavior? You can't be serious.

Opinions are not emotions and the 'rebuttals' you mention are no different than the evidence/bad tape that exists the other way as well; your tossing out of words like 'victimhood' is absurd. I have no idea where you're even trying to go with that but if anything seems anchored in 'emotion', it's your line of thinking. This is a game and it really makes no difference to me in the end because, as I've said before but am apparently a narcissist for thinking, Bryce's performance either stays on the course I expect and never shows much or he develops, the team has a QB, I am proven wrong (always possible in life) and say as much, and the team and fans all win from the better QB play.

Since "narcissist" is apparently the word of the day in this thread for some here's another one.

spacer.png

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Some of you guys need to go out and get laid, smoke a joint, or something. The obsession with Young and how deep his balls are is ridiculous.

That's funny. Really, not being sarcastic. The deep balls thing.

The answer would be, of course, "balls deep". Which how deep depends on what he is working with. Same as on the field. 

• The D 1

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

The obsession with Young and how deep his balls are is ridiculous.

One could reasonably argue significantly more attention and keystrokes were given to this discussion in relation to Cam Newton a few years ago than right now. And he was on the wrong side of 30 for a QB with the most rushing TD's in league history.

Asking for it to go away is akin to screaming at the sun to go because it's too bright on your eyes when all you need is a pair of polarized sunglasses and to not look directly at it.

Edited by frankw

Just now, frankw said:

One could reasonably argue more attention and keystrokes was given to this discussion in relation to Cam Newton a few years ago than right now. And he was on the wrong side of 30 for a QB with the most rushing TD's in league history.

Asking for it to go away is akin to screaming at the sun to go because it's too bright on your eyes when all you need is a pair of polarized sunglasses and to not look directly at it.

Cams bombs to steve smith against arizona in game one made me a believer from the jump.  You just knew he was the franchise at that point

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Cams bombs to steve smith against arizona in game one made me a believer from the jump.  You just knew he was the franchise at that point

That was about all I needed too. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That first home game against the Saints when Steve Cam and the rest of the guys let them know what time it is and we weren't going to be anyone's doormat was a defining moment that nearly brought a tear to my eye.