• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young gets votes for one of the most underrated QBs in the NFL by his peers

X-Clown

Pretty interesting read overall, 103 players anonymously were asked to rank the GOAT, the current top 3 QBs, rookie QB who is most likely to succeed, most overrated, most underrated, and trash talking. I was surprised to see that Bryce was tied for 3rd with a few others for underrated QBs. 

Here were the top vote-getters for the most underrated quarterback:

T1. Purdy (14)

T1. Stafford (14)

T3. Atlanta Falcons' Kirk Cousins (7)

T3. Lions' Jared Goff (7)

T3. Green Bay Packers' Jordan Love (7)

T3. Carolina Panthers' Bryce Young (7)

Other top vote-getters: Herbert (6), Dallas Cowboys' Dak Prescott (4), Jackson (4), Hurts (4) and Tagovailoa (4)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41001234/nfl-patrick-mahomes-lamar-jackson-caleb-williams-quarterbacks-ranking

Edited by X-Clown
  • Pie 4

14 minutes ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

I'm assuming the number beside the name is how many votes they got and if so it was a whopping 7........7

might not even be a true 7 players.  It's weighted.  So I think if I was Taylor Moton or someone voted Bryce as the most underrated he automatically is now at 3 points/votes.  So basically 3 people could get him 7 votes if I understand it right

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

The way people want to make everything negative to fit their opinion here is ridiculous.   Is Bryce going to be a good quarterback?  Who knows, maybe not.  Does that mean everything positive ever said about him, or if he plays well in a preseason game, that that has to be twisted in to a negative somehow every single time?  Relax guys. 

The weirdest part is how a lot of those folks will say in one thread that Bryce is too small to play QB in the NFL, can't make throws that an NFL QB is supposed to make, and that the team will continue to suck until they replace him... only to claim in another thread where they've been called out that they want him to succeed?

It's giving narcissism.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Icege said:

The weirdest part is how a lot of those folks will say in one thread that Bryce is too small to play QB in the NFL, can't make throws that an NFL QB is supposed to make, and that the team will continue to suck until they replace him... only to claim in another thread where they've been called out that they want him to succeed?

It's giving narcissism.

Agreed about the doublespeak but the ability to review objectively-available information, such as Bryce being a physical outlier at the position and consistently showing issues with throws all of last year, to see where data points and still support hope for a different outcome than the one data points to is... narcissism? By what leap of nonsensical logic is it narcissism to note that a player faces an objective uphill battle to achieve expectations (in this case draft cost and position, which isn't necessarily Bryce's doing) but still hoping they do?

I'm generally taking it easy on Panthers stuff until regular season since it's so close but this zinger is on another level.

• Beer 5

28 minutes ago, Icege said:

It's giving narcissism.

I truly want him to succeed but do not think a player his size/strength will consistently win in the NFL.  I've watched this game for damn near 50 years and that's my opinion.   Both things can be true at the same time.   I'm all for him proving me wrong but I don't see it

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Agreed about the doublespeak but the ability to review objectively-available information, such as Bryce being a physical outlier at the position and consistently showing issues with throws all of last year, to see where data points and still support hope for a different outcome than the one data points to is... narcissism? By what leap of nonsensical logic is it narcissism to note that a player faces an objective uphill battle to achieve expectations (in this case draft cost and position, which isn't necessarily Bryce's doing) but still hoping they do?

I'm generally taking it easy on Panthers stuff until regular season since it's so close but this zinger is on another level.

Exactly my thoughts lol. Narcissism? That would be more like Big Kat posting pictures of his condo pool or bragging about where he's sitting in the stadium, not people sharing their opinions on the quality of our qb play lol. 

• Beer 1