• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Projecting Young’s Sophomore Season (Mina Kimes)

Ollie Connolly has legitimate concerns over the Canales/Bryce marriage. Based off of what Canales has done in the past with Russ and Baker it doesn’t mesh well with Bryce’s strengths. 

Mina goes on to say she think Young knows his arm limitations and that’s why he didn’t throw that ball to Mingo on Saturday and ultimately ended up taking a sack. 

It’s a real good in-depth conversation and Ollie goes in-depth on the type of offense he’d like to see Young in

• Beer 3

15 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I feel like Young’s arm has never been the same since that injury at Arkansas 

I think you’re exactly right. His 2021 tape the ball has some pretty noticeable zip. Doesn’t look the same 2022 and beyond.

I will say from camp videos and the few plays of preseason his arm might look a little more lively than last year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

That's BS. Im pretty sure you mean the throw to Chuba...it's not like he can't throw 30 yards. That's crazy. He took the higher percentage throw on a 4th down. 

Edited by 1989
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 3

23 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I feel like Young’s arm has never been the same since that injury at Arkansas 

I've thought about that before. He gets that injury, almost identical to Cam's initial shoulder injury running down after that interception. Then he doesn't throw at the combine, and once again at his pro day doesn't seem to be able to get a decent ball past 40 yards. I don't really care that much about the size, PJ is roughly the same size and can launch it 65-70 yards. 

53 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Ollie Connolly has legitimate concerns over the Canales/Bryce marriage. Based off of what Canales has done in the past with Russ and Baker it doesn’t mesh well with Bryce’s strengths. 

Mina goes on to say she think Young knows his arm limitations and that’s why he didn’t throw that ball to Mingo on Saturday and ultimately ended up taking a sack. 

It’s a real good in-depth conversation and Ollie goes in-depth on the type of offense he’d like to see Young in

The bad marriage has been my soapbox.  Face value it doesn’t really make a lot of sense….but maybe Canales is young enough and his OC is to not get stuck in all they have ever been around 

concern is XL is a signal he wants to do what he always has been about….that’s XL

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

55 minutes ago, mrBdawg said:

I think you’re exactly right. His 2021 tape the ball has some pretty noticeable zip. Doesn’t look the same 2022 and beyond.

I will say from camp videos and the few plays of preseason his arm might look a little more lively than last year.

It also appears (to me at least) his arm angle has changed a bit since the Arkansas game.

NFL Bryce throws more overhead versus pre Arkansas it was definitely more of a 3/4 arm angle

I watched the Florida game from 2021 yesterday and he threw 50 yards without really stepping into his throw. His arm definitely used to look a lot more lively. 

53 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I've thought about that before. He gets that injury, almost identical to Cam's initial shoulder injury running down after that interception. Then he doesn't throw at the combine, and once again at his pro day doesn't seem to be able to get a decent ball past 40 yards. I don't really care that much about the size, PJ is roughly the same size and can launch it 65-70 yards. 

Yeah my main concern with Bryce was always his arm strength. The size didn’t bother me as much. It was always the arm. There just weren’t many NFL style boundary throws on his tape. 2021 Bryce used to be able to drive the ball much better 

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

NFL Bryce throws more overhead versus pre Arkansas it was definitely more of a 3/4 arm angle

I watched the Florida game from 2021 yesterday and he threw 50 yards without really stepping into his throw. His arm definitely used to look a lot more lively. 

Why did he change it? 

55 minutes ago, CRA said:

The bad marriage has been my soapbox.  Face value it doesn’t really make a lot of sense….but maybe Canales is young enough and his OC is to not get stuck in all they have ever been around 

If Bryce can't make it work, then we move on.  

• Pie 3

I came on here multiple times and pointed how his 2021 tape wasn't the same as his 2022 tape. 2021 he was slinging it with all arm... barely using his full body. 2022 if you watch the film he was straight up throwing ducks sometimes and receivers had to almost stop on routes to catch passes.  I cringed in the draft workout when had to get a running start just to throw a deep ball that wasn't accurate. I guess it really depends on the timing when you point things out you get called a hater. 

• Pie 3