• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers initial 53-man roster

Carolina Panthers who still may not make the Final Roster  (No order here, but I expect over half of this list to be gone by Wednesday in some way)

• 18 Jalen Coker WR  (Coker could be cut and protected on the PS--I hope he makes the roster)
  • 83 David Moore WR  (Moore will be the first WR cut when they sign other players, imo)
  • 11 Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR/KR (He did well, and unless we sign a returner, he should be safe--but if we do, he is not great as a WR. I still see him the third WR cut.)
  • 80 Ian Thomas TE (He is not that great of a blocker and it seems our offense will feature pass-catching TEs with blocking skills; we could keep a 4th and take a player from another position)
  • 64 Cade Mays G (First OL to be cut to make room, imo)
  • 60 Andrew Raym C (They might protect him on the PS, but I think he earned a roster spot)
  • 96 Jaden Crumedy DE  (if they add a DE, both Crumedy and Peevy are cut.  If they do not, both stil might be cut)
  • 78 Jayden Peevy DE  (if they add a DE, both Crumedy and Peevy are cut.  If they do not, both stil might be cut)
  • 45 K'Lavon Chaisson OLB  (I think they give Chaisson more time, but he could be gone when Barno returns--or if they sign a player like Henry.)
  • 52 D. J. Johnson OLB  (I keep hearing how much he has improved, but my eyes saw Leota outplaying him--either DJ or Leota leaves when Wonnum returns.)
  • 46 Eku Leota OLB (to be replaced by Wonnum in all likelihood and sent to PS--but not 100% sure DJ Johnson is not cut first)
  • 53 Claudin Cherelus ILB  (probably safe, but a signing could send him to the PS)
  • 36 Demani Richardson (I do not see Richardson surviving tomorrow's additions.  To PS however, and that is probably best for him)
  • 22 Jammie Robinson FS  (It is very possible they keep Richardson because he is arguably more versatile, but Jammie impressed me--can either play big nickel?)
  • Pie 3

38 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I think Raym might make it. He's the only true center on the roster and looked pretty damn good Saturday! The fact that he can consistently get the ball to the QB without any drama sets him apart from every other player currently on the roster.

He had a DT on his shoulder nearly every snap and he was calling blitzes and naming the Mike--snap and first step were simultaneous--no wasted movement--he looked like a veteran to me--Cade Mays is the first and only OL who will be cut tomorrow, imo.

30 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Per Joe Person - 

Incoming: An edge rusher and more The initial roster only includes four outside linebackers on the active, plus two who remained on the physically unable to perform list — D.J. Wonnum and Amare Barno. Both will miss at least four games, although Canales seemed to indicate this week Barno will be out longer. So unless the Panthers are prepared to roll into New Orleans with only DJ Johnson, K’Lavon Chaisson and Eku Leota as complements to Jadeveon Clowney, expect Morgan to claim, sign or trade for another edge rusher. Other groups where the Panthers could add: cornerback (with Dane Jackson missing a minimum of four games), inside linebacker and tight end (depending on Ian Thomas’ status for Week 1)

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/author/joseph-person/

no mentioning a WR

Edge, CB, TE, ILB. 

3 hours ago, Navy_football said:

I think Raym might make it. He's the only true center on the roster and looked pretty damn good Saturday! The fact that he can consistently get the ball to the QB without any drama sets him apart from every other player currently on the roster.

I would hope they would cut Mays before Raym.

2 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

fuging Ian Thomas, man...

There must be some secret game tape out there that shows him performing at a level worthy of being in the NFL this long. Idk, maybe there’s an alternate reality somewhere and he’s in it? 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I tell you what. Frank Gore Jr. Reminds me so much of Terrell Davis. He runs hard and is difficult to go down. After running for 100 yards against us last week you would think he's on our radar. Definitely than Blackshear.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008