• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers initial 53-man roster

26 minutes ago, shaq said:

Love seeing Demani make the 53, guy has done nothing but show out and work his tail off this offseason. Best UDFA class we have had in a while, Demani, Rayhm, Coker all making the 53.

All three could be gone in 24 hours, in fact id say they will be. 

2 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

I kinda think ISM is ‘meh’!  He’s better than a lot of returners we’ve seen in a while. But he looks indecisive. Like he wants to score every time but his feet have a brain of their own. 

I’d like to see a legit return man and give him and Moore the boot.

If we sign six players, we still have 5 or so waiting to heal to become part of the roster.  The bottom fourth of this roster could be gone by week 4.

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Welcome back Ian Thomas... I guess. Hopefully we can get some production out of Miles Sanders this season. Zavala was horrendous last season, so he needs to step it up. D.J who knows? A lot of question marks going into this season, but Young will decide our fate.

He already decided our fate...just need to let it play out.

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Ok the Jordan Matthews release is starting to make more sense.  Maybe they want a more well rounded player?

Either way, Jordan was the best TE over the entire preseason. Ian Thomas hasn't done anything in years, AND he's injured! So right now there's one healthy TE on the roster and he's a rookie. Even if they bring another guy in, he'll have less than 2 weeks to learn the playbook. Tremble will likely be ready, but he'll be banged up. He goes down again and they're down to a rookie TE on game day, and a new guy trying to learn the playbook on the fly.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

All three could be gone in 24 hours, in fact id say they will be. 

I think Raym might make it. He's the only true center on the roster and looked pretty damn good Saturday! The fact that he can consistently get the ball to the QB without any drama sets him apart from every other player currently on the roster.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I think Raym might make it. He's the only true center on the roster and looked pretty damn good Saturday! The fact that he can consistently get the ball to the QB without any drama sets him apart from every other player currently on the roster.

I didnt check and just got to see some of the league cuts, was there a C name cut?

Per Joe Person - 

Incoming: An edge rusher and more The initial roster only includes four outside linebackers on the active, plus two who remained on the physically unable to perform list — D.J. Wonnum and Amare Barno. Both will miss at least four games, although Canales seemed to indicate this week Barno will be out longer. So unless the Panthers are prepared to roll into New Orleans with only DJ Johnson, K’Lavon Chaisson and Eku Leota as complements to Jadeveon Clowney, expect Morgan to claim, sign or trade for another edge rusher. Other groups where the Panthers could add: cornerback (with Dane Jackson missing a minimum of four games), inside linebacker and tight end (depending on Ian Thomas’ status for Week 1)

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/author/joseph-person/

3 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Our D-line depth is real concerning. After Brown, Tuttle, Robinson, I don't know any of those guys. 

Thurman and Ray were here last year. Their wasn't much drop-off went they played. I think both logged around 300 snaps. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Of the initial 53, 21 are players who weren't here a year ago.

New Gm and O staff. 

Honestly around 40% turn overs are normal these days. Its just part of the NFL. Each year you have 7-8 draft picks along with UDFAs. Then add in another 10 FAs and you got the 40%