• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will keep Jonathon Brooks on NFI list

At the end of the day it is the quarterback position at the top and everything comes after.  I feel like RBs get a bad rep because it is the position easiest to evaluate and notice.  Nobody knows about a 4th round guard that's playing well on whatever team, but because of stats and fantasy, you WILL know about the 4th round RB who is doing good.  That doesn't mean it is easier to find a late-round gem at RB than it is RG or WR or CB or whatever.

Like, is a DE more important than a RB?  Sure, but at the end of the day you just need a good team.  Other than QB, no one position is going to make a huge difference in the win column.  Reggie White wouldn't have saved the Panthers last year.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2

21 hours ago, Martin said:

That’s what everyone said about the Lions last year after drafting RB and MLB in the first round…

That's a good counter, always enjoy when you post @Martin !

I would call that a fluky or point out if the rest of you elite team is filled out and all that's left is RB and MLB. Then its fine, otherwise the last spots you should value on a current NFL roster is safety, MLB, and RB. 

Just head over to sportac and see how good teams or any teams spend their cap. 

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, Basbear said:

That's a good counter, always enjoy when you post @Martin !

I would call that a fluky or point out if the rest of you elite team is filled out and all that's left is RB and MLB. Then its fine, otherwise the last spots you should value on a current NFL roster is safety, MLB, and RB. 

Just head over to sportac and see how good teams or any teams spend their cap. 

Likewise, I always enjoy to hear a different perspective. In my mind I just want some good players, so while maybe a bit boring, I’m ok as long as it improves the overall roster.

12 minutes ago, Martin said:

Likewise, I always enjoy to hear a different perspective. In my mind I just want some good players, so while maybe a bit boring, I’m ok as long as it improves the overall roster.

I can not disagree with improving the overall team. 

If you look at the draft picks, in seems nearly all of them will have decent-great chance at starting

XL- AT could/should be cut. DJohnson is on one year deal, same for Moore.

Brooks- hubbard one year deal. Sanders will be cut. Blackshear one year.

Wallance- Shaq one year and no other top level talent

Sanders- tremble and Thomas one year deals

CSW- troy Hill is 34 years old and the big "one year deal"

Nearly all of them could be starters.

• Pie 1