• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will keep Jonathon Brooks on NFI list

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That's not happening after a great year lol

For a RB? Maybe. I guess it depends on the definition of “great.” Regardless we shouldn’t throw money at him after drafting Brooks. 

6 hours ago, Mage said:

I'm excited for his arrival.  The ACL doesn't concern me that much.  And I do agree we probably shouldn't have taken him in the 2nd.  But what's done is done, and at the end of the day he's a very talented runner.  

Lets hope he meets ths Panthers and our expections.

31 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Just look at what Miles Sanders got.  I rest my case.

Yeah that’s too much but he was signed before the market crashed for RBs. We overpaid and it wasn’t that huge of a contract. 

28 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

We took the best RB in this draft in the 2nd round. I'm cool with it. I believe if he was healthy he could have went in the 1st. 

If he ends up being the best Panther back in history, I'll change my opinion retroactively to say I was always behind the pick.  But if he doesn't pan out, then I'll exclaim "what were they thinking?!?"

• Flames 2

STOP DRAFTING RBs IN THE FIRST 3 ROUNDS!

RBs continue to be a devalued position yet we still continue to waste money and valuable assets on the position. Build and pay the o-line first, then plop any RB in the 3rd-7th round in there. Rinse and repeat every 4 years. Only dumb teams continue to pay RBs 2nd contracts. RBs tend to fall off around the age of 26 anyway.

• Beer 3

At this point he needs to be one of the better running backs in the league by the end of the season.

Otherwise we could have drafted a center and added an RB in the later rounds.

But I will give him the opportunity to prove himself.

• Beer 1

Just now, Castavar said:

RBs continue to be a devalued position yet we still continue to waste money and valuable assets on the position. Build and pay the o-line first, then plop any RB in the 3rd-7th round in there. Rinse and repeat every 4 years. Only dumb teams continue to pay RBs 2nd contracts. RBs tend to fall off around the age of 26 anyway.

Panthers and RBs, sooooo farr behind the times. You can say the same for MLB. Rams 2day gave their starting young 130 tac MLB for nothing since they didn't want to pay MLBs. 

Panthers have vastly overpaid and over drafted RBs and MLB since the 2000s. 

First draft of Morgans career he invested 2nd and 3rd rounder on the two most de-value spots. Same old panthers.......

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

At this point he needs to be one of the better running backs in the league by the end of the season.

Otherwise we could have drafted a center and added an RB in the later rounds.

But I will give him the opportunity to prove himself.

Hopefully the marginal benefit of using that pick is worth the opportunity cost.  Frank Gore Jr. could be had for free now.

5 hours ago, Castavar said:

RBs continue to be a devalued position yet we still continue to waste money and valuable assets on the position. Build and pay the o-line first, then plop any RB in the 3rd-7th round in there.

Top 15 rushers from 2023 

CMC (1st Round)

Derrick Henry (2nd Round)

Kyren Williams (5th Round)

James Cook (2nd Round)

D'Andre Swift (2nd Round)

James Conner (3rd Round)

Najee Harris (1st Round)

Joe Mixon (2nd Round)

David Montgomery (3rd Round)
Raheem Mostert (UDFA)

Travis Etienne (1st Round)

Tony Pollard (4th Round)
Breece Hall (2nd Round)

Rachaad White (3rd Round)

Bijan Robinson (1st Round)

The next 2 RBs after Bijan?  Saquon and Gibbs, also 1st rounders.

If you want to argue RBs are a devalued position, be my guest.  But lets not act like random 4th rounders and beyond are routinely playing as well as 1st and 2nd rounders.  Like every position, you can find quality players in any round, but your best bet will be in the first 3.  Only 3 of the top 17 rushers were drafted past the 3rd round.

Edited by Mage
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Smart decision.  Your early schedule is not that difficult and you have 4 RBs who can hold down the fort.

I don't think we should be going there yet with this team even tho i get that's your opinion. 

5 hours ago, Basbear said:

Panthers and RBs, sooooo farr behind the times. You can say the same for MLB. Rams 2day gave their starting young 130 tac MLB for nothing since they didn't want to pay MLBs. 

Panthers have vastly overpaid and over drafted RBs and MLB since the 2000s. 

First draft of Morgans career he invested 2nd and 3rd rounder on the two most de-value spots. Same old panthers.......

That’s what everyone said about the Lions last year after drafting RB and MLB in the first round…

• Beer 1