• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legette vs Buffalo (all routes all-22)

On 8/27/2024 at 9:23 AM, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I don’t know what y’all see. I see a guy that was open 60% of those routes, the QB just went in another direction which tells me he wasn’t no the X or 1 on the play. He did have a bad drop it didn’t see anything really bad. Plus, he was more open in that all 22 film than most of our receivers all last year. 

Same, only mistake he made to me was he needed to sit down in the zone on the drop so that he could've been able to make the catch while not moving. Also, get those hands up.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Wait... doesn't he normally OVERthrow deep balls, meaning a faster WR would be better for him?

I'm not sure what he 'normally' does. How is anybody?

His 'deep' balls were kind of all over the place. Long, and wide. Sometimes they went basically where they were intended, I think. Those were caught, dropped or defended. 

Let's see some consistency and then maybe we can figure it out. 

5 minutes ago, strato said:

I'm not sure what he 'normally' does. How is anybody?

His 'deep' balls were kind of all over the place. Long, and wide. Sometimes they went basically where they were intended, I think. Those were caught, dropped or defended. 

Let's see some consistency and then maybe we can figure it out. 

I don't know. I generally got the impression they went where he wanted them to go, but his timing was off. More attempts might help. Canales called a deep ball to DJ early in the preseason game, but Bryce didn't like what he saw and ended up completing an out to Sanders instead. Would love to see him take more shots. 

10 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I don't know. I generally got the impression they went where he wanted them to go, but his timing was off. More attempts might help. Canales called a deep ball to DJ early in the preseason game, but Bryce didn't like what he saw and ended up completing an out to Sanders instead. Would love to see him take more shots. 

I haven't refreshed by rewatching but my impression in memory is they were wide of the line to the target along with being off in distance, to the point that I didn't trust that a throw that was on target was really any different than the others, it just happened to end in a good place. (saying to me, those times, he did it right, but can't replicate it with regularity?)

Obviously I am a critic but think I am being accurate other than my speculation about the on target stuff. 

Maybe this footwork mechanics thing will tighten things up. 

Edited by strato

45 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Wait... doesn't he normally OVERthrow deep balls, meaning a faster WR would be better for him?

He was trying to hit guys in stride and he doesn't have the arm strength to get deep downfield on time like that. There's a higher margin of error on the accuracy when you're intentionally putting air under it. I'm imagining plays where Leggette and the defender get to the spot well beforehand and XL wrestles it down since that was his thing in college.

33 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

He was trying to hit guys in stride and he doesn't have the arm strength to get deep downfield on time like that. There's a higher margin of error on the accuracy when you're intentionally putting air under it. I'm imagining plays where Leggette and the defender get to the spot well beforehand and XL wrestles it down since that was his thing in college.

Me too. I think that part of the plan is 'the old Seattle Russel Wilson' derived. They drafted the guy for that reason. Strong, fast enough, wins a lot of those contested balls. 

Bored so will also add that the accuracy on the line to target becomes more pronounced with distance. 

There are still balls being thrown or arriving a little late it looked like. 2 degrees off isn't a lot at ten yards but at 40, I don't the algorithm but it's more by 4 times at least. 1 foot becomes 4. 

Most of deep balls I see, bombs I guess, require adjustment to track them down. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1