• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legette vs Buffalo (all routes all-22)

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

He was open a lot, but that was Buffalo's second secondary.  He seemed a bit slow off the start--wonder how he would survive press coverage.  He has missed a lot of camp and we drafted him knowing that he was raw.  He still is.   This year, he has to serve as our #4 WR.  Next season?  We may need an X.  To me, I am aiming for 2025 and hope that he gets experience and confidence this season.

I don't disagree with your take but hate to spend a first-round choice on a player who might need 3 years to make meaningful contribution

3 hours ago, Icege said:

I don't know about players needing to develop being a fantasy football thing as much as it is just a natural thing for people to have to improve at their craft. I can understand your frustration as well but we see guys get bigger, stronger, and faster in year two after getting to the pros all of the time.

XL's injuries and other struggles during college have been well documented. I believe that those definitely affected his growth in college, but I also don't subscribe to the idea that a 24yr old kid can't learn how to get better at what he does.

We do see guys get stronger and faster. Look at CMC. That said, CMC had almost 1100 total yards his rookie year even splitting time with Stewart. He got bigger and stronger and took off year 2. He was also only 21 his rookie year, 2.5 years younger. At Legette’s current age, CMC had 5400 total yards and 39 TDs.

I’m rooting for Legette, but he’s got to shine this year or he’s an absolute long shot to magically be a stud at 24/25. I use Davante Adams as a “slow” developer but age wise, Legette’s rookie year = Adams 3rd year when Adams had 997 yards and 12 TDs in 16 games.

I just wish we didn’t always seem to be drafting project/exception guys hoping they break the mold.

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, RevJ said:

I don't disagree with your take but hate to spend a first-round choice on a player who might need 3 years to make meaningful contribution

I don't think he will magically be a lot better in 3 years time.  If he wasn't a 5th year senior in college maybe, but he has played a whole lot of football. 

36 minutes ago, RevJ said:

He looks uncertain to me - that also can translate into looking slow.

I actually like the way XL runs vs Sanders as of right now.  

QB School's breakdown of BY I think brings Sanders back to down to reality.   

9 hours ago, Icege said:

I'm not expecting a significant impact by XL until year 3. His rookie season, like all rookie seasons, should be about development.

Very excited for what a full NFL offseason workout plan will do for him. He's already an athletic monster.

Year 3 when he's 26? This was not a good first round investment. 5th year option when he's 28 and judging by his size he'll be already slower by then. I just don't see it. 1st rounders should have the room for immediate impact and the time for a second contract

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

It would be awesome if this organization could one day find a guy to do close to what Smitty did. Who is the last receiver we had not named Smitty to go to a pro bowl? 

Not drafted but Diontae Johnson and a younger Thielen

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

This was not a good first round investment. 

I gotta say, it is difficult to not express my true opinion of this year's use of our 1st, 1st round pick. The small investment to double down bothers me less, but if it were to bust that would for sure suck.

• Beer 1