• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legette vs Buffalo (all routes all-22)

He was open a lot, but that was Buffalo's second secondary.  He seemed a bit slow off the start--wonder how he would survive press coverage.  He has missed a lot of camp and we drafted him knowing that he was raw.  He still is.   This year, he has to serve as our #4 WR.  Next season?  We may need an X.  To me, I am aiming for 2025 and hope that he gets experience and confidence this season.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He was open a lot, but that was Buffalo's second secondary.  He seemed a bit slow off the start--wonder how he would survive press coverage.  He has missed a lot of camp and we drafted him knowing that he was raw.  He still is.   This year, he has to serve as our #4 WR.  Next season?  We may need an X.  To me, I am aiming for 2025 and hope that he gets experience and confidence this season.

I think Mingo and XL should take some reps in the slot.  AT shouldn't own that space.  Maybe let AT largely own 3rd down or something to start off the year.   But I think they should mix in guy there on early downs. 

We should be developing WRs.  

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I really hope we see significant impact year 1. The whole year 3 WR thing is a fantasy football thing that’s more of a myth now. It’s rare to have a Davante Adams type progression although he still had over 400 yards in years 1 and 2.

Also, I hate to be a Debbi downer but I hate when I see the comment about being excited to see what full NFL offseason workout plan will do. Seems like that gets said when we have another rookie that can’t crack this talent laden roster we have. Leggette had 5 years at an SEC school and is going to be 24 in 4 months. He should be pretty far into development by now.

I don't know about players needing to develop being a fantasy football thing as much as it is just a natural thing for people to have to improve at their craft. I can understand your frustration as well but we see guys get bigger, stronger, and faster in year two after getting to the pros all of the time.

XL's injuries and other struggles during college have been well documented. I believe that those definitely affected his growth in college, but I also don't subscribe to the idea that a 24yr old kid can't learn how to get better at what he does.

It looked like he was open for most of the routes and he clearly wasn't the primary target except for the one route where he dropped a catchable ball.  He doesn't look slow to me at all and he's a big receiver.  

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

That is true. Not directed at you specifically but people,would do well to remember that that is true for the entire 1st team offense.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Also, I hate to be a Debbi downer but I hate when I see the comment about being excited to see what full NFL offseason workout plan will do. 

Aside from being a speculative complaining tool, that is a true thing though. One offseason and they are usually no longer college players. 
And I harp on that pretty hard when people get on the SEC bandwagon. There is a difference.

It applies to 9 of 10 guys (just a guess with no assembled facts to support it). Applying it to Legette, those guys he outmuscled in school will be harder to outmuscle in the league. 

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

He looks slow and lumbering. I don’t know if it’s a nagging injury or if he’s just not very quick off the line. He will need to be schemed open. 

His game has no quickness.  Never has.  He is fast in a long straight line once he gets going.  Hopefully they find a role he is good at and he is a beast for us, but I have a lot of concerns with him which is why there were a lot of available wr I wanted a lot more. 

39 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I really hope we see significant impact year 1. The whole year 3 WR thing is a fantasy football thing that’s more of a myth now. It’s rare to have a Davante Adams type progression although he still had over 400 yards in years 1 and 2.

Also, I hate to be a Debbi downer but I hate when I see the comment about being excited to see what full NFL offseason workout plan will do. Seems like that gets said when we have another rookie that can’t crack this talent laden roster we have. Leggette had 5 years at an SEC school and is going to be 24 in 4 months. He should be pretty far into development by now.

I think it just used to take WRs longer to adjust, because the pro and college games were so different.  Hardly any team's ran a "pro" offense, and back then that meant running out of the I formation and poo.  The NFL and college offenses have never been more similar, and the main difference now is the speed of the game and the talent of the players.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

18 minutes ago, strato said:

That is true. Not directed at you specifically but people,would do well to remember that that is true for the entire 1st team offense.

He is thinking right now--eventually, the muscle memory will take over, but he was open.  I hate it that he dropped that pass over the middle--a bit behind him but catchable--he needs confidence right now.  I love the person under the helmet so I am pulling for him.  Same for Bryce--love that kid--

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1