• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legette vs Buffalo (all routes all-22)

8 minutes ago, hepcat said:

He looks slow and lumbering. I don’t know if it’s a nagging injury or if he’s just not very quick off the line. He will need to be schemed open. 

This is why I found the DK comps ridiculous. 

XL 10 yard split 1.54

DK 10 yard split 1.45

XL takes a second to get going. Given our need at WR and lack of speed last year I can’t believe that in such a deep draft XL was the only WR we took. I mean I can believe it because this organization is clueless but still

• Pie 8

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

This is why I found the DK comps ridiculous. 

XL 10 yard split 1.54

DK 10 yard split 1.45

XL takes a second to get going. Given our need at WR and lack of speed last year I can’t believe that in such a deep draft XL was the only WR we took. I mean I can believe it because this organization is clueless but still

I agree. Adonai Mitchell would have done very well in this offense 

• Beer 1

I don't know, he didn't seem slow to me.  Big dude.  Lot of zone out there.  Think sometimes finding those holes isn't the best pure speed looks.  Think once off the line he is fine. 

On the drop, got to think someone ran the wrong route.   Jordan Matthews and his defender almost looked to be running into the general spot.   

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I'm not expecting a significant impact by XL until year 3. His rookie season, like all rookie seasons, should be about development.

Very excited for what a full NFL offseason workout plan will do for him. He's already an athletic monster.

I don’t know what y’all see. I see a guy that was open 60% of those routes, the QB just went in another direction which tells me he wasn’t no the X or 1 on the play. He did have a bad drop it didn’t see anything really bad. Plus, he was more open in that all 22 film than most of our receivers all last year. 

• Pie 8
  • Flames 1

He runs the sit routes well. Since he is also a deep threat with his size, speed, and high pointing ability, the sit routes will always be effective for him. That's great because I anticipate he'll be difficult to bring down after the catch.

10 minutes ago, Icege said:

I'm not expecting a significant impact by XL until year 3. His rookie season, like all rookie seasons, should be about development.

Very excited for what a full NFL offseason workout plan will do for him. He's already an athletic monster.

I really hope we see significant impact year 1. The whole year 3 WR thing is a fantasy football thing that’s more of a myth now. It’s rare to have a Davante Adams type progression although he still had over 400 yards in years 1 and 2.

Also, I hate to be a Debbi downer but I hate when I see the comment about being excited to see what full NFL offseason workout plan will do. Seems like that gets said when we have another rookie that can’t crack this talent laden roster we have. Leggette had 5 years at an SEC school and is going to be 24 in 4 months. He should be pretty far into development by now.

• Flames 2

52 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Chill out folks. Legette will be fine he just needs more reps. I will judge him after his rookie season.

If he has a Mango type season that's when I will get skeptical about his future as a decent WR.

Agreed. I want to see him starting at some point this year and showing out. Being WR3, should not be challenging for a 1st rounder. He should beat out Mingo and Marshall. Similar to when Brooks is healthy. I’d be disappointed if he can’t beat out Chubba and Sanders.

• Pie 1