• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason Wk 3 Bryce QB School

37 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Spoken like someone who truly did not pay attention to the texans last year to make a fair assessment. Let me educate you. You do understand the texans wr and ol were technically were never healthy last year? The o line fluctuated arguably more than the panthers. Tunsil their best guy missed significant time. Stroud took as many sacks as bryce the first half of the season and finished top 10 in sacks taken and if you add the 2 games he missed it's probably more than that. Let's also highlight the texans pretty much had no run game all year compared to the panthers who had to use the run just to move the ball. If you REMEMBER (because i know you dont) the knock on stroud was that he wasn't mobile enough to avoid pressure but actually he did just that a lot last year which also kept sack number from being even higher and HELPING his o line. Far as the receivers go, you couldn't even name a receiver on that squad coming into the season. Nobody said a word about collins prior to last year, hell...TMJr had MORE yards than he did the year before last. The guy was unknown, and when he and the other starters got hurt late in the season. Guess what? Here comes Noah brown who had almost 400 yds in the span of 3 games. Of course you gonna do the simple minded thing and tell me that's coaching but the reality is bobby slowik is not some guru. He has been a defensive coach most of his tenure in the league and never was a OC till last year. You can make a case he was only hired cuz him & Ryan's were on niners staff previous year. Thats a first year HC and a first year OC. Stroud was the one making fast reads, getting the ball out quick and showing outstanding ball placement that no other qb was doing. The point is Stroud doesn't get enough credit for being everything a franchise QB is supposed to be. He elevates the guys around him and covers up the flaws, his playstyle isn't so demanding where you need top tier talent, execution, & coaching experience around him just for him to look competent. I could keep going on this topic but this schooling shouldn't need to be this long.

Remember to breathe while typing. So what you’re telling me is you didn’t pay enough attention to know who Nico Collins was, you had a terrible assessment of the Panthers OL situation before the season, the Texans starting LT only played 14/17 games (gasp!), Singletary 898yds 4.2ypc equals no run game, and Hubbards 902yds 3.8ypc means Panthers had a run game, because Slowik is a young coach that was unproven before last year, that means he can’t be a better coach than what we had, and Stroud would have made our receivers run faster and better routes, and kept our OL from falling on their asses? So you think Stroud would have had an even better year on the Panthers last year than he had on the Texans. What a schooling. Thanks. The breathless ranting and capitalizing is sure making me take you super seriously.

47 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Stroud would have probably played better here, but not as good as he did in Houston. His OC is from the Shanny tree and had full control of the offense. Even Stroud will tell you his situation was better, in fact he did. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/07/c-j-stroud-passionately-defends-panthers-bryce-young-after-woeful-rookie-season#:~:text=You can't make a,comparison to that of Stroud's.

Well...What else do you honestly expect him to say? You expect him to dump on his friend publicly he has known for a long time? Stroud also said the panthers pretty much fuged up by not picking him. This is nothing groundbreaking 

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Slowik >> Ben Johnson 

You sure? Guy above just “schooled” me on how bad Slowik is because he wasn’t an OC before last season. Apparently it’s all Stroud making everybody else look good down there, I’d be careful giving credit anywhere else.

This year will show more but if stroud and young switched last year.  The panthers win the division and make the playoffs.  The texans are laughed at for taking a terrible qb.  The teams were not that different minus QB. 

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Well...What else do you honestly expect him to say? You expect him to dump on his friend publicly he has known for a long time? Stroud also said the panthers pretty much fuged up by not picking him. This is nothing groundbreaking 

Both things are true. We should have drafted Stroud and he ended up in a better situation. He didn’t have to say that. Could have left it at some things were beyond Bryce’s control and he will be fine. One thing about Stroud in his interviews, he pretty much tells it straight. He isn’t a BS fluff kind of guy. 

34 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

You sure? Guy above just “schooled” me on how bad Slowik is because he wasn’t an OC before last season. Apparently it’s all Stroud making everybody else look good down there, I’d be careful giving credit anywhere else.

Consider the source…

45 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Remember to breathe while typing. So what you’re telling me is you didn’t pay enough attention to know who Nico Collins was, you had a terrible assessment of the Panthers OL situation before the season, the Texans starting LT only played 14/17 games (gasp!), Singletary 898yds 4.2ypc equals no run game, and Hubbards 902yds 3.8ypc means Panthers had a run game, because Slowik is a young coach that was unproven before last year, that means he can’t be a better coach than what we had, and Stroud would have made our receivers run faster and better routes, and kept our OL from falling on their asses? So you think Stroud would have had an even better year on the Panthers last year than he had on the Texans. What a schooling. Thanks. The breathless ranting and capitalizing is sure making me take you super seriously.

Nico Collins had 37 catches and 481 yds in 10 games the year before last. WHY THE HELL would I know who he is on another team I don't support that averaged 3 wins the last couple years and i damn sure know you didn't so cut the crap.

Oh wow, you took yards total for Singletary and thought you made point? How about telling folks he only had 3 games over a 100 yds. Hell... The first 8 games of the season he average 26 BUM ASS yards. And was inconsistent the rest of the year to the point he is on a whole other team. But hey that yard total tho!!

Slowik was a unproven coach they did a good job but to pump the initiative that he is some god send guru is just ridiculous as of right now. You give him davis mills instead of Stroud last year the texans only have 3 wins and nobody is psying the any mind. On paper, nobody would have even thought about putting Texans receiving core over ours last year. We had former pro bowl receivers compared to the texans unknown guys but Stroud would have struggled worse with thielen and chark? Yeah okay.

Lastly,  I never said Stroud would be even better hear. The discussion was around would he succeed which can mean multiple things. Wins and personal performance can be 2 different things for qbs based on scenarios like us being in one of the worst divisions so not needing 10 plus wins to make playoffs would factor. Let's put it this way with Stroud hypothetically. We probably beat falcons week 1 and saints next week, we also beat a winless vikings team and the texans because they would probably have bryce. Beat atlanta again and maybe the bucs one of those games and the saints again. Keep in mind bryce had significant turnovers and no offense led scoring against all those bad teams that cost wins. Stroud went months without even throwing a pick. He isnt throwing a record 4 PICK SIXES and multiple sack fumbles resulting in touchdowns. I'm pretty confident over 50% of his yards wouldnt come at the end of games or on the final drive of most of his games. Good luck convincing ANYBODY that would be the same with stroud.

It's not hard to analyze and compare. You just blabbering responses and not doing research makes me not take you serious whatsoever. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Stroud would have probably played better here, but not as good as he did in Houston. His OC is from the Shanny tree and had full control of the offense. Even Stroud will tell you his situation was better, in fact he did. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/07/c-j-stroud-passionately-defends-panthers-bryce-young-after-woeful-rookie-season#:~:text=You can't make a,comparison to that of Stroud's.

And that is fair enough to to say. 

Also fair to say, I think, that the dynamics of Stroud with the people in place in May of 2023 would have made for a better situation than Young had. 

And that is not really exclusive to Stroud, it is a stylistic type of thing. We had pros used to coaching the more classic mainstream types. 
Caldwell, Manning. Reich and the types he signed.

All the talk about fit that goes on in the league… but they did not use that with the QB. You have to accommodate.

I still think having a full year on film and a full offseason to prepare gives any staff a better situation that what there was last year. I think Canales is going to be a good thing in the long run but he already is doing better. I don’t care if they get shut out week one he is still doing better .

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

That flip job was one of the most impressive you'll find historically.  Also, the draft picks they've landed have been money, beyond just Stroud.

Stingley, Pitre, Dell, Nico, Scruggs, Harris, Anderson.  Difference makers at every phase of the game.  

But at the end of the day, the coaching & QB combination elevates all and they found guys who do just that.

The fact they were able to ditch a young star like Watson and walk away looking so much better so quickly is amazing. They get to avoid all that off field poo now and have a new and probably better franchise QB. 

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

This year will show more but if stroud and young switched last year.  The panthers win the division and make the playoffs.  The texans are laughed at for taking a terrible qb.  The teams were not that different minus QB. 

What's crazy is I'm personally not even trying to say playoffs would be guaranteed. But considering how those division games played out last year I'm hard to convince that it would have been the same with stroud if he was QB. Bryce was THAT BAD and there were opportunities there to win those games between 2 bad teams. 

These guy rebuttling are not bringing nothing significant to the table but wishful thinking.