• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason Wk 3 Bryce QB School

16 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

JT still has it out for 19!

I haven’t listen yet.  But the entire NFL said AT was no longer a starting WR….he is now a role player.   We chose to make the # 1 fixture in our last year and he enters as 1b this year. 

so, JT pretty much views him like the rest of the NFL.   

• Beer 1

There is a lot to like about the drive. The fourth down play in particular impressed me.

However at about 5 mins in when he is going over the play where Bryce had the opportunity to fit the ball into a window downfield that's the play we need to see turning into a completion consistently if we want an indicator we have a franchise QB on our hands. That's the throw that defenses have to account for and it would have been nice to have it on tape. Why he didn't pull the trigger is something that can be debated but we saw it at times last season and it's something that has to happen one way or another if the offense is to make strides.

As for Thielen. Either way he's not in our future plans after this season. Need to start developing your young WR core. It would be different if he were some generational talent at the position but cmon.

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I haven’t listen yet.  But the entire NFL said AT was no longer a starting WR….he is now a role player.   We chose to make the # 1 fixture in our last year and he enters as 1b this year. 

so, JT pretty much views him like the rest of the NFL.   

Canales talking about how strong our WR group is today I’m sure was him trying to play chess in terms of trading Marshall

We still have one of the worst WR groups by far in the league. Johnson is WR1 by default. Pittsburgh gave him away for nothing and no one cared to offer more than Donte Jackson clearly. 

However, Canales and Morgan also only drafted one WR in a really deep WR class. That one being extremely raw. So who the f*ck knows but if they think this room is a strength we are cooked

• Beer 1

So, I listened.   I mean he is right on that AT play. He essentially clogs it all up.  Mingo too quick running that little design with AT.  Theilen was slow and couldn’t do his part on it. 

• Pie 2

and I sort of agree on that sack play, the LG did do Icky a little dirty.  He was lined up inside of Icky and the LG bailed to help the C who didn’t really need it.  Maybe that’s the call and the D just had the right play called 

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, frankw said:

Diontae Johnson is definitely getting open out there.

spacer.png

He is but it wasn't designed to go that way and he's out of Bryces vision. Unless you want this QB with average at best arm strength throwing across his body, it was the right read.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

He is but it wasn't designed to go that way and he's out of Bryces vision. Unless you want this QB with average at best arm strength throwing across his body, it was the right read.

The throw would have been toward the back/corner of the end zone rather than anywhere near where Johnson is in that image but yeah, overall I'm sure the coaching/progression has him taking Thielen when the safety is back like he is here. I think a competent QB can/should be able to throw Johnson open though if they make that choice. Will be interesting to see what happens when the season starts.