• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All-22 of Bryce Young’s drive

I don't like sounding like I'm calling out the knowledge of other huddles and fans. 

Just from what I know of Dave Canales, and the offenses he's been a part of. What we've seen in preseason. To the 1 single drive that Young made the other day,  it was obvious to knowledgeable eyes and minds that the Panthers offense was forcing the defense to cover every inch of the field.  

Yet we get people on here saying otherwise.  

At some point you should open your eyes. 

• Beer 1

It was the most fun I’ve had in a while watching our offense. A lot of positives to take away. I’m very encouraged by Canales actually scheming guys open for Bryce and a o-line scheme that seem to work. Bryce did a very good job and looked very comfortable. Hopefully it translates to the real season. We might actually have a decent shot against the Saints in our opener.

• Pie 3

Honestly, the results are the results.  Largely unimportant, though yes it was nice to see us score a TD.

What is more encouraging is watching BY's mechanics.  His feet are showing urgency in the drop now, and he hits the top of the drop and is lined up to throw.  He's a little choppy at times, and toesy (for obvious reasons), but his mechanics are quite different.  And it shows.  He's got a much quicker trigger now and can put the ball where it needs to be.

The offense around him also looks different.  Cohesive.  Intentional.  Professional.

Will this equal success?  I don't know.  He's got a large hill to climb to live up to what we paid for him.  However, he has a platform to build on.  He has a chance.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

22 hours ago, mrBdawg said:

I think Frank and co didn’t work on anything. 

They just watched the mess they created burn.

This is why he gets a pass on last year from me. Maybe Frank believes a good quarterback should be able to adapt to whatever system he’s given but when yours is a statistical anomaly to begin with, trying to force him into a prototypical mold is just setting him up for failure.  

The only knock I have on Bryce is I do expect a #1 QB to be able to overcome a bad situation from time to time, at least glimpses of it. I didn’t see it at all last season but maybe the team was really that bad.

51 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

This is why he gets a pass on last year from me. Maybe Frank believes a good quarterback should be able to adapt to whatever system he’s given but when yours is a statistical anomaly to begin with, trying to force him into a prototypical mold is just setting him up for failure.  

The only knock I have on Bryce is I do expect a #1 QB to be able to overcome a bad situation from time to time, at least glimpses of it. I didn’t see it at all last season but maybe the team was really that bad.

Bryce’s hand was in it too. 
He does look better. 
It has to translate through pressure and speed and hitting that is gonna get stepped up. 
All that time he had against Buffalo, he’ll still have that some but it damned sure will be less frequent.

Especially when the DL stunts and blitz packages escalate. He will definitely have to have that 2 sec timer going and I am still pretty concerned about his foot speed outside of the pocket. 

• Beer 2