• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All-22 of Bryce Young’s drive

33 minutes ago, Icege said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I get it.

You're doing a whole "He'll never be Cam so he'll never be worth trading up and drafting at #1" shtick rather than trying to have a good faith discussion about football.

My mistake. Carry on with grinding that axe of your's.

I'm not doing that at all. But by all means keep being clueless. 

need to see Bryce hit more throws like this one he misses here this year 

No suprise but he has pressure in his face so it makes it difficult but great QBs make this even with pressure 

Screen Shot 2024-08-26 at 4.38.35 PM.png

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Put it this way.  Only Purdy average more YPA than Young did in that limited series.  If Young goes from 5.5 to 8.8 playing a decent amount of games we should be happy.  It's why overly critiquing it just looks silly.  The main concern is can he do it in the regular season against good defenses. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, SOJA said:

No suprise but he has pressure in his face so it makes it difficult but great QBs make this even with pressure 

I agree with this 

This was a play I would’ve liked to have seen him give Mingo a shot at 

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 2

27 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Put it this way.  Only Purdy average more YPA than Young did in that limited series.  If Young goes from 5.5 to 8.8 playing a decent amount of games we should be happy.  It's why overly critiquing it just looks silly.  The main concern is can he do it in the regular season against good defenses. 

I need to see Bryce up to 7.5 at least this year. 8.8 is a tall ask but hopefully he's high 7s or close to 8. But absolutely 7.5 at minimum is what I want. Of course if he throws 40 TDs to 8 INT but 7.4 YPA I won't complain but 7.5 is a good baseline in today's pass happy NFL. Yes some exceptions, Mahomes last year was just 7.0, but generally these days top QBs are closer to high 7s or 8 at least. It is offense dependent too, don't get me wrong, so this is also on Canales and other pieces not just Bryce.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

I just skimmed through this quickly but holy hell does Thielen’s lack of speed come into play on that 3rd down play. 

I agree with JT that I don’t think Mingo got enough depth here which makes Adam look even slower but you can’t run double outs with Thielen being out wide. Hopefully Canales learns from this play

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

Good eye sir.

I just posted about this play in the QB School thread.

It's preseason and we don't know what the coaching staff is or isn't looking for on these plays but man we've got to turn this scenario into completions in the regular season. Instances like this are on the 2023 tape. And after all the talk of the OL doing Bryce Young no favors this is a glaring situation where you say while the pocket isn't picture perfect ideal the opportunity is there. As a QB1 you have to at least attempt that throw. We'll look for it in the regular season.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah. No reason to complain but it wasn’t the toughest test. 

It was against 2nd string the plays were likely well considered  

Taking an optimistic view I would think they have some advantage early with teams not having much to scheme against. They didn’t show a lot Saturday.

When the teams know what they are dealing with it’ll get tougher for the offense probably. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, SOJA said:

You are wrong..great Qbs always make the smart play and check it down to the open guy!

48 minutes ago, Joe Bear said:

17 air yards would be the longest checkdown in NFL history. Maybe we've shifted the expectation that anything under 25 yards is a checkdown now. Wasn't sure.

Lol right? I’ll take the open 17 yard “check down” every play if it’s allowed by the defense. You would be dumb not to. I think some people play too much Madden…

• Flames 1