• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All-22 of Bryce Young’s drive

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Different angle.

image.png.728fdf422229c9e25e99eb3721a65b8d.png

A designed rollout.  The safety was mirroring Bryce as was the LB.

No, Thielen couldn't have score without shoddy tackling

So where would you like Bryce to place the ball here? You want him to throw back across his body on the run?

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Different angle.

image.png.728fdf422229c9e25e99eb3721a65b8d.png

A designed rollout.  The safety was mirroring Bryce as was the LB.

No, Thielen couldn't have score without shoddy tackling

If he makes this throw across his body against the direction he is running it is still not that deep of a pass.  Looking at where Moton is standing Johnson isn't quite 15 yards away from the LOS.  The AT catch was a 21 yard pass.  I'm not sure this has anything to do with him timid about taking deep passes or worried about NFL open being too tight.  He threw to the open read for a first following the momentum of his rollout.  

22 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

So where would you like Bryce to place the ball here? You want him to throw back across his body on the run?

I mean....a top tier qb could make that throw. So if you think bryce can't then he may not be one. Which obviously is the concern.

Edited by CPF4LIFE

7 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I mean....a top tier qb could make that throw. So if you think bryce can't then he may not be one. Which obviously is the concern.

A top tier QB is supposed to throw across their body where a FS will be instead of taking the wide open WR underneath?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The point is there was no need for it.  He had a guy wide open right in front of him going with his momentum.  For the record, critques like this on a clearly positive play where he hits his open read for a first down are what make terms like "hater" get thrown around.  

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Icege said:

A top tier QB is supposed to throw across their body where a FS will be instead of taking the wide open WR underneath?

If top tier qb had the physical talent and confidence...yes they can get the ball there before the FS does. 

Posted (edited)

I’m all for a good Bryce bashing but had he ignored the play design and passed on a wide ass open Thielen for the throw some of you wanted to see then I’d have even more concerns with his “super processing”

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

The first 'L" in Bills.  Leading a WR is a fundamental trait of a NFL QB.  Diontae's route was sending him that way before the pass ultimately went to Adam.  It wouldn't have been a across body throw per se, but Bryce would have needed to square his shoulders.

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The point is there was no need for it.  He had a guy wide open right in front of him going with his momentum.  For the record, critques like this on a clearly positive play where he hits his open read for a first down are what make terms like "hater" get thrown around.  

The point is that this type of situation is the difference between the Kansas chiefs sticking with Alex Smith or going out and getting a game changer like Patrick mahomes. Yes...there is nothing ever wrong with making the smart safe play but there will Come a time with eventually with every qb where you start questioning are they just being smart on their decisions or is that really all there capable of because they don't have the ABILITY to take bigger chances. If you don't understand that then that's all good. You can interpret how you will. For the record, anybody questioning bryce was called a hater a long time ago. Thats nothing new..its old. And tired.

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I’m all for a good Bryce bashing but had he ignored the play design and passed on a wide ass open Thielen for the throw some of you wanted to see then I’d have even more concerns with his “super processing”

Right.  You are a definite skeptic which is fine and mostly warranted.  At least you can admit when he does a decent job.  I think you and most of the skeptics would love for Bryce to play great and be the answer, you all just don't see it.  I can understand that.  This very select few aren't going to be happy or impressed if he does IMO.  For the record I don't think @45catfanis one either.  I think he is just critiquing for the heck of it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

And that's fair. No knock of him for doing in that in his first playing time of the year. I'm just saying I want to see more from him this year or see what more he is capable of. Everybody should. The whole super processor thing for me went out the window a long time ago. Most qbs that are capable of making big plays aren't labeled as that anyway. Just show me you can be greater then the average. 

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The point is that this type of situation is the difference between the Kansas chiefs sticking with Alex Smith or going out and getting a game changer like Patrick mahomes. Yes...there is nothing ever wrong with making the smart safe play but there will Come a time with eventually with every qb where you start questioning are they just being smart on their decisions or is that really all there capable of because they don't have the ABILITY to take bigger chances. If you don't understand that then that's all good. You can interpret how you will. For the record, anybody questioning bryce was called a hater a long time ago. Thats nothing new..its old. And tired.

What are you even rambling on about?  Mahomes had a YPA last year of 7.  He will absolutely take what the defense gives him.  Sure he will occasionally do things outside the box, but that's not something coaches want replicated.  Don't try to make your QB be the unicorn that is Mahomes.  Also there was no BIG chance here.  Johnson is like 15 yards away from the LOS in the freeze frame and Bryce is already moved on the AT ready to throw to his open read.  Yes Bryce needs to take some deep shots when called for.  This was simply not the case.  If a WR is open past the marker and you see it, you better throw that pass ASAP.  Running around and trying to play hero ball when it isn't needed is dumb.  A majority of plays will be these quick mid to short passes and deep shots should be calculated when needed. 

Being called a hater is tiring and I bet those with genuine skepticism get tired of being lumped into it with people who are not being reasonable.  

• Pie 1