• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Joe Person Production: Joe Person’s final 53 roster projection extravaganza

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

I personally think he's one of the worst OGs we've ever had aside Nate Chandler to play substantial regular season snaps.  We have a good swing lineman in Brady at LT, LG..not to mention, Yosh can and has played LT, RT, and LG effectively in the NFL.  

Extremely poor performance, one alright preseason game stretch, long term hammy injuries, freak injury last season, again terrible play, with a staff that didn't draft him.  I don't see how he's valuable compared to some of the UDFAs/late signings.   

He was one of the worst linemen ever last year.  But, I don't think he was quite right.  He has looked like a completely different player so far in the preseason this year.  I think it's a little early to be pulling the plug on him.  If he had a bad camp and preseason I'd say see ya later.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He was one of the worst linemen ever last year.  But, I don't think he was quite right.  He has looked like a completely different player so far in the preseason this year.  I think it's a little early to be pulling the plug on him.  If he had a bad camp and preseason I'd say see ya later.

That’s fair. I’m definitely more out than in, but we’ll see/no reason to hate it if he stays. If they keep him, best case, maybe he becomes decent depth over time. 

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

That’s fair. I’m definitely more out than in, but we’ll see/no reason to hate it if he stays. If they keep him, best case, maybe he becomes decent depth over time. 

I think Reich played him way before he was ready. If I remember correctly, he was injured in most of TC so he missed a lot of reps then thrown into the starting lineup after week 1. I think he looked decent his first game but fell apart after that. He had that scary injury where he landed on top of his head too. Had to be carted off. Just a rough rookie year. 

38 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

He was a rookie that was hurt in TC and then immedialely thrust into a starting role by our brain trust staff.  We are not in any position to be cutting 2nd year 4rth round lineman picks.

44 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

Joe Brady is with the Bills and they just got a look at TMJ. Maybe a potential landing spot for him. Wish the dude turned it on sooner, we might not have needed to draft his replacement in Mingo. 

I'm pulling for TMJ and a change of scenery might serve him well, but I doubt it.  He's had more opportunities than any other player that I can remember and he couldn't deliver and this is on a team that has had one of the weakest WR rosters in the NFL since TMJ was drafted.  

6 hours ago, PanthersGTI said:

Joe Brady is with the Bills and they just got a look at TMJ. Maybe a potential landing spot for him. Wish the dude turned it on sooner, we might not have needed to draft his replacement in Mingo. 

Who actually has looked worse than TMJ

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

It wasn't admitted to by the front office, although they probably suspected he might.  

It was certainly discussed here and by a few in the media.  

Honestly, just stash him on season ending IR. It isn't that relevant. We have enough decent production there. 

Let him heal up and be at 100% in 2025.

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Honestly, just stash him on season ending IR. It isn't that relevant. We have enough decent production there. 

Let him heal up and be at 100% in 2025.

I take the view that he needs to get back out there and get some action and build some confidence in his repaired knee. Not saying to rush anything, but there is stuff that can be accomplished this year that will set him up for 2025.  

Plus we need to see him before next year to see what we really have. Will he be healthy? There is a chance no, I guess. You won’t be 100% sure until you see him going good and hard. 

3 hours ago, strato said:

I take the view that he needs to get back out there and get some action and build some confidence in his repaired knee. Not saying to rush anything, but there is stuff that can be accomplished this year that will set him up for 2025.  

Plus we need to see him before next year to see what we really have. Will he be healthy? There is a chance no, I guess. You won’t be 100% sure until you see him going good and hard. 

It just depends on timeline. It seems like he might be behind schedule and if that is indeed the case, there is no reason to rush. He has basically gotten zero reps with the team and if he isn't back until Week 8 or later, really what is the point unless we have a spate of injuries at RB? Not that I care tremendously but there is a point where I am not sure we are really doing him a service by just throwing him out there.

Not particularly invested in what happens in that regard, provided that he is actually completely healthy. If we put him out there too soon and he blows the knee out again, now that scenario will be extremely infuriating.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It just depends on timeline. It seems like he might be behind schedule and if that is indeed the case, there is no reason to rush. He has basically gotten zero reps with the team and if he isn't back until Week 8 or later, really what is the point unless we have a spate of injuries at RB? Not that I care tremendously but there is a point where I am not sure we are really doing him a service by just throwing him out there.

Not particularly invested in what happens in that regard, provided that he is actually completely healthy. If we put him out there too soon and he blows the knee out again, now that scenario will be extremely infuriating.

If his knee is healthy it is healthy. When it is is healed it is healed.

Infuriating as it may be for him to get a new injury or the repair not hold up, you would at least know that you couldn’t count on the player before spending an offseason believing he was good to go.. 

it does happen to players through no one’s fault. Bodies are unique.  

• Beer 1